Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

High Pressure Crossover Oil Line

5K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  Gotti2k7 
#1 ·
Someone told me it would be a good idea to do to even out oil pressure in my engine. But i have also heard to NOT do it because if it ever bursts i would risk a fire. What do i need to know about doing this? Is it something i should do or not do?

#3 ·
I just took mine out last week and haven't noticed a single bit of difference in how smoothly my engine idles. It was already pretty darn smooth, between the reg. return fuel system, Fluidampr, and the stock AD I stuck in #8 so I figured the HPX line was one more doodad to get in the way. Once the line was out I cleaned it up really well, sold it for 2/3 of what I paid (new) for it, and haven't looked back or regretted removing it at all.

#8 ·
I have installed a few and sold more directly to customers the only one that blew did so instantly when I puled out of the driveway..it was a manufacturing defect ..wasn't crimped properly. I have personally put over 100k on mine without any problems.

Cary

#12 ·
and what did that cost you?

if its not even a noticeable difference and there is a risk of it blowing then im not so sure i really wanna do it.

#14 ·
It made the engine noise a tad quieter for me,evan though that wasnt my reason for getting it.I like the diesel engine sound.

#15 ·
I used one off a extra HPOP i had laying around. I seemed to notice a difference in the idle with the single shots. Dunno though. It was free so im gonna say it made a HUGE difference just to make myself feel better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.