Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Farmboy Fabrication Traction Bars

7K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  TANK'S 250 
#1 ·
Well, all I can say is I should have used these from the get go. I stated out with fabtechs, when they arrived we found out , even after they told us they would work on a Dana 80, they would not in stock form, they only work for the Dana 60 rear end. But I really liked the look and thought they were the best for me plus they were recommended to me. With this said we decided to make them work, with that came modifying the brackets that came with it to accept the larger axle housing. Got them installed and they worked fine, but wouldn't stay tight, so after a long battle trying to get them to work and stay tight, I decided to have them welded. That worked, they stayed tight, but the passenger side bar broke, they warrantied it out and I was happy, then about 3 months later, the driver side bar broke, I am tired of screwing with it at this point.

So I finally broke down and bought a set of Farmboy 7'7" Stage 2 Traction bars, I had them sitting for a couple weeks trying to get with the welder to cut all the crap off the rear end and install these new ones..it took longer then expected and I ended up selling them to a customer who wanted them, so I bought another set, and they too were sold LOL. Finally got my third set and got them installed yesterday, they feel amazing, boosted launch felt great and I cant wait to tow with them, the truck feels so much tighter on the rear end. I love them and cant say enough about them, Thanks Jesse and Farmboy Fab. I will post some pics up soon.

See less See more
#4 ·
would you recommend trac bars for a truck that doesnt drag? or isnt gonna be lifted over 4 inches?

#6 ·
Sweet. i guess thats another thing to add to the list LOL How hard are they to install?? And if you dont care, PM me a price?

#10 ·
Anybody know where i can look those up at? anyone gotta link?

#11 ·
Hey Tank, got any pictures of the frame mount? They look like a nice setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.