Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TWINS OR Single Turbo to get to 750sh on #2

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Wackerjr 
#1 ·
Whats the best way getting there or most cost effective way turbo wise. Just want to know whats out there that's close or over my goal on fuel only. I'm having back surgery in 3 weeks, after I heal I will be starting my 7.3 build. As i heal I want to/am learning everything possible about turbos (and ported heads). My only hang up I have is the air situation. This will be in a daily driver and I want it to be streetable. Can it even be done on a single and still be able to go down the street without blacking out the road getting up to cruising speed? What are the pros and cons of a single vs twins.
Thanks in advance guys :ford:

#4 ·
so you do acknowledge mike o made 713 fuel only or not? because other places you imply or agree with others that its not legit with that correction factor..

to the o.p. - not gonna happen on a 7.3 with a single..zane could build a set of twins to suit any need.

#3 ·
I"ll give him a call.

#5 ·
Chit I meant 650 not 750 great way to mess up my first thread!:doh:

#7 ·
Thuglike 636 with gt42. And Im sure that number will be higher after today or this weekend.:ford:

#9 ·
the only prob with very high hp singles is they can be laggy or have nasty manners when they light. iirc danny ran snow whites gt45 and said it was laggy and hit like a sledge hammer. not sure what numbers a 42 can do , but they behave better. twins def worth a look , as would an empire procharger turbo combo. if it was my truck i would call empire, wide open, maybe di (if i was looking at a single garret) also seems like swamps might have some kind of idea or option as well.

#10 ·
Mike's 713 on #2 is impressive, even more so because he's an independent. :D

For good street manners, compounds would do you a fair bit better. Less lag and strong pull through the RPM range. As mentioned, a big single will be a bit tough to spool but when it does, hold on to yer butt.

Happy hunting.

#13 ·
I'm really doing as much of this build myself or independently you could say. Got some turbos lying around from 3406b CAT i might use. Sending block to get machine work done but I'll have the time to fab the turbo set up i end up choosing. Appreciate the awesome info guys :ford:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.