Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Balls deep in conversion need help

4K views 30 replies 10 participants last post by  HeeHaw 
#1 ·
Need help with conversion have everything out of a 05 dodge pickup, whats the smartest thing to do? Weed out the wiring harness or buy a painless kit? This is the F'd up part the engine is in a 706 international tractor with a built transmission and Clutch. If anyone wants to see pics i dont know how to post so i could email them to someone if they want to post them for me. I need help from anyone so let me know if you can help. thanks wyatt

#7 ·
I should read this post

#15 ·
yeah its kinda like the whole car and truck craze of putting contemporary engines in classic cars. Well this is a 1964 it 40 year newer engine. This tractor was rated at 70 horsepower with a 263 six cylinder. Now with a 325 horsepower we had to put a SFI double disk clutch and a Five disk TA (torque amplifier). we kind of hope to have it running by sept 5th.

#18 ·
Cummins in a Farmall 706, originial!

#22 ·
good news she run's!!! thanks to those who posted wiring schematics. will this thing go into limp mode with out a tranny? there might be some video to come.

#27 ·
Ok we pulled the tractor finally this weekend and I'm pretty sure it was in limp the whole time we had a smarty loaded on catcher 9 and it only ran about 2000 rpms and wouldnt put out any smoke what so ever. thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.