Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Need Input on Leveling Back End

2K views 27 replies 14 participants last post by  Slick Willie 
#1 ·
Ok guys I have a 2.5" shackle lift in the front of my truck and its stock in the rear. It has a very noticable bulldog stance to it. With the new tires and wheels on I now want to level the back out. I would like for it to be level as possible and hopefully not higher in the back. I was wondering if the 350 blocks would level it out or if anyone knows of a cheaper option. I can get these from the dealership for a little under 100 bucks and will the U-bolts be able to work with the taller blocks.

I cant post pics of my truck bc I am at work and it wont let me get to photobucket but here is a link to my truck and about 3 pics down you can see the stance.

New Tires and Wheels PICTURES - Powerstroke Nation
Thanks for the input!

If anyone has any spare 350 blocks they want to get rid of that would be nice too!

#5 ·
measure from your reciever to the ground...

then get a floor jack and a level...

set the level on your bed and jack up the rear until you find it level or how you like the looks of it...

re measure the distance and you will have your # when you subtract...

#8 ·
That's a lot of effort to figure it out. LOL
Just measure fron the center of the hub to the center of the wheel well front and back...it'll be real easy to see how much it needs to come up to level it out.

#22 ·
This is the only way to do it. Put the darn truck on a concrete drive grab a tape, mesure from ground to top of wheel well all the way around. The diferance from the front to the back is how much lift you need. Personaly i would add a inch to the mesurment.

Holly cow me and Unbroken are the only ones that dont make a days project out of this. It is realy that simple quit overthinking this.:doh:

#9 ·
been there done that on my OBS ford, doesnt really work IMO, then i did it my way and figued it out. bulldog stance to me seems to happen because the nose of the truck is taller than top of the bed at dead level, so the rear kinda needs a touch more height to "appear" level

#14 ·
hes talking about unlaiden height too, and air bags arent going to add height without sacrificing ride quality, i think the 350 block will be perfect, thats what i always suggest to people with 250s to add a 350 block and bolts, the 250 block is 2 1/2 i think...

#13 ·
Take a tape measure and measure from the top of the tire to bottom of the fender. Do the same to the rear.....should be a pretty close estimate.

The 350 block is a little over 3" and the 250 block is 1.5" iirc

#17 ·
If you don't want to do a lot of lifting and measuring, then do measuring and math.

Get a 4' level and put it on the bed rail. Raise the end of the level that is low until the bubble shows level. Measure the distance you raised the level at the end and divide that number by 4 to get a distance/per foot. Measure the wheel base (feet, not feet & inches) and multiply by the ft/inch. That is how much it needs to be raised to get a level bed

#21 ·
OMG! what the.... um yea spend all that time doing that goofy stuff! be for real! so if you do all that and the 350 block is . 8 mm higher or not high enough then what!? measure the distance to dumb, add youand multiply the time savings and there you have it . = put bags on it! No offence but cmon,we all have better things to do with our time , like make it go faster!lol

#23 ·
I always just measure ground to the center of the wheel well front and rear (similar to the hub to center of the wheel well). Takes less than a minute. I have the rear of my 01 0.25" taller than the front.

Load assist air bags are great for towing and hauling.

As mentioned, they will stiffen the ride if you run them aired up while unloaded to get some lift.

#25 ·
i have the same set up on my front end as you.. 2.5" skyjacker leveling kit. and put 2" blocks on the rear with new u bolts.. mine sits just a litte higher in the rear but not much... only like 2-3"..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.