Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Stock vs. Spartan 250 Videos

3K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Dzchey21 
#1 ·
I did some videoing a while back on a flat road in South Texas. I had leveling kit, 35" Mud Grapplers (if you couldn't tell by the sound), 3.73 gears, and I was in 6th gear. Boost gauge at the top left tells some of the story. When I get the 310 tune, I'll borrow some 35" Mud Grapplers and make another comparison video to share :evil

Stock:

250:

#2 ·
Holy tire howl batman:bowfast:

#7 ·
Yeah you would, little tires. LOL It was still climbing, even though the speedo and video doesn't show it that great. I think I got up to 129 before I slowed down? That was enough for me with those tires. LOL

And just think guys, thats the 250 tune
No kidding, I can't wait until the 310 is in my truck.

#6 ·
yea and mine climbs from 60 -100 faster than that not on a hot tune

#17 ·
They were 35 x 12.50, now they're 37 x 13.50

the other reason i say that is on the street i can pull on an SS trailblazer from a 60 roll , for what it's worth they run 13.80-ish
Do you have any time slips? Have you ever been to the track? And does your truck downshift out of OD at 60?

#9 ·
the other reason i say that is on the street i can pull on an SS trailblazer from a 60 roll , for what it's worth they run 13.80-ish

#13 ·
not innovatives tunes either, and read my posts, i never stated that i can outrun the spartan 250 hp tune, i was only teasing slick willie , his stick and bigger tires slow him down a bit

#19 ·
...his stick and bigger tires slow him down a bit
What exactly do you know about my stick? :poke:

The tires don't slow me down much. These videos aren't gear banging or clutch slipping.

never been to the track yet, and it will downshift if i stomp it which feels like it pulls waaayy harder than if i roll into it easier when it stays in overdrive.
Well there you go. I could punch it at 75 in 5th until 95 +, then shift to 6th and that would shave seconds off these videos. That's not the point.

The point of them was to show how fast boost builds, how fast it'll get up to speed, etc. in the same gear. PS, the dashdaq shows little higher boost than that Ford dash. It goes up to 44 on WOT, but still drops down.

#15 ·
actually trying an economy file , and then going to RCD tunes , heard good things about them

#18 ·
never been to the track yet, and it will downshift if i stomp it which feels like it pulls waaayy harder than if i roll into it easier when it stays in overdrive.

#22 ·
It'll peak around 44, stay for a second, go to 41 for a couple seconds, then slowly go down as the RPM's climb. It doesn't jump down or anything, but it does peak then slowly decrease. The fuel is there for my 250 tune, just not the boost. Over 3000 RPM's at WOT, the smoke gradually increases, and the boost slowly decreases. I like passing ####ty drivers in 5th on highways for that reason. By the time I get around their dumb ass, they can't even see in front of them.

...and your stick i dont think will be as fast as an auto in the quarter
Two trucks with the same power mods, duh. I have yet to see any auto lose boost between shifts. I beat an auto 6.0 with intake, straight pipe, 35's, and DJ's Looney Tunes by .005 seconds once. He had about 80-90 less HP than me too.

yea and mine climbs from 60 -100 faster than that not on a hot tune
Here's where you put your foot in your mouth. Keep dreaming man. LOL

#23 ·
be interested to see what your new trap speed will be with the new tunes, the earlier you can get into overdrive down the track will get your trap speed up, but you dont wanna get under the turbo either, course what do i know, my truck never shifts into overdrive by the end of the track LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.