Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

True Trac or Locker

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Layson 
#1 ·
I know this has been discussed before but I am going to ask anyway...

Going to be doing some gears very soon and want to know which would be the best setup? A true trac or a good air locker?? Thinking of doing the front and rear.

It has gotta be able to handle some power along with some 40" meats...

What do you think?

Thanks!

#2 ·
I'd due a TT in the rear and an air locker up front with a setup that big.

#4 ·
Because if you have a d50 there is only one option for a LS front. They are good but I'm not sure how well they will handle your 40S. Since I run stock rubber I can't comment. my former brother in law runs ten lug 22s on his rig and the air locker in the rear was more of a headache so we here to a TT and loved it.

#6 ·
NP. I'd have them but my budget is limited due to the fact I'm on well fare these days. :shrug:

#8 ·
Well there is a bit of sarcasim there. I took a 40K pay cut to get re-employed. People that are on welfare eat better than I do. I see it at the grocery store every week.

#11 ·
I don't know man... I did a full 1/8 mile one wheel peal once at the drag strip... still beat that dodge at the 1/4 mile marker once it hooked up... LOL

Every winter end up heading back up to my Dad's house and driving through a ton of snow... we usually get 3-4 feet every winter.. so since the gears are going in, I might as well add some lockers while I am in there.

Besides, ever since I went down to the Hammers I don't think a full size is the best choice for wheeling in. Can't really do this in a superduty.. LOL
[/URL][/IMG]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.