Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How much weight?

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  powerstrokeracing 
#1 ·
How much weight can a X handle behind it?

#2 ·
You mean for towing? Why not just check the owner's manual?

#4 ·
Well I just ran a quick google search and one site was testing a 05 X and they said the rating was 11,000 lbs.

#6 ·
I tow a trailer that is over my rating too. I just went a size up on the receiver and got some air bags and it's all good. What is important to watch is the tongue weight...

#9 ·
Well my Dad's 08 450 broke down right before a big motorcycle trip and we had to tow that 13,000 pound trailer with an 05 X. The tongue of that trailer is 1,400 pounds and we only had a 1,000 hitch that would fit! It towed it fine but it has some trouble keeping the trailer from swaying! Anything over 50 and the trailer had a mind of it's own!

#11 ·
I pull 10k, the Ex can be setup to tow great with some mods..V and modded B code springs, 30MM swaybar correctly valved Bilsteins and IMO most importantly wider tires and rims..12.5" and min 9-10 wide rims.
I've helped many mod their Ex's all over the country if I can get you additional info-help PM me.

Cary

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.