Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.4 intercooler

2K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  CobbsDieselPerformance 
#1 ·
i was wondering if any one was running a aftermarket intercooler, i was thinking about buying a spearco but i want some feedback. Thanks fellas

#2 ·
About the only benifit of an intercooler that i have heard thus far is faster spool up and slightly lower egt's but i think the new intercooler pipes that are out are just as benificial, with or without the intercooler. I know a guy with it, and he said he wished he would have put the 1200 bucks twards something else. Thats him though.

#7 ·
i talked to josh at rcd and im getting my new cold side pipe sometime this week. We also talked about maybe ditching the twins and getting one big single, and maybe some dual fuel pumps. I will let you guys no what and when i decide to put the 6.4 under the knife :evil

#8 ·
I talked to a guy with the spearco at a truck pull last week, he said it feels like it adds 50 horse, but I really doubt it. I need to call and talk to Josh, I want to hear about the toys they are getting ready to release, and get a cold side pipe ordered.

#11 ·
:whs: just opening up the pipes will give you PLENTY of flow and drop EGT's down! look at the egt drop with the downpipe...no power gains are noticeable but temps are 50 and lower.

i do admit the intercooler is a great change under the hood!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.