Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Holy shat, truck now passes CCT and good rot vel- you won't believe

982 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  clydesdale 
#1 ·
For starters, the sound is not gone, she still has this knock. Someone said that I may have the gray cps. I said, "no, I have the original black one still in play". WRONG!!!!!!!!! My truck last went in for service under warranty in Oct-Nov 2006. I still get mail saying that I have not had the recall done yet. Well guess what, SOMEONE did it and it surely wasn't me. I pulled the gray one out, put my International black CPS in from 8 years ago and I now pass the CCT and my rotational velocity numbers have gone from 3-4% on #8, down to .5-1.1%. It is still the highest but #6 rings in at .4-.9% as well.

Does anyone remember when the recall first came out?

So, the truck now passes all tests and the rotational velocity numbers are similar among many of the cylinders. So, I would like to say sorry for saying that I did not have the grey CPS and the countless questions regarding CCT and Rot Vel. I learned a lot. Golfer, this is a perfect example of what you were saying about those tests.
In light of this, I am going to probably not take the valve cover off this evening and wait for a few more people to hear the vids and try to get a concensus of what my next move should be. I will play with the fuel pressure and check my LPO psi, as someone else had suggested. THANK YOU FOR EVERYONE'S HELP!!!!!

If your truck was in for ANYTHING over the last 3 years, I would check your cps! Like I said, I still get mail saying that I have not come in for the recall.

See less See more
#4 ·
No longer being made.

Clyde, pay good attention to what Pocket said in another post. You can spend a few thousand bucks chasing a ghost.

From another thread, you might want to swap out you LPOP and front cover just for piece of mind.

#5 ·
Yeah, I left the valve covers on this weekend after finding the gray cps. I am not going to do anything yet, other than collect some info and try any other diagnosis ideas everyone can come up with. The gray cps lead me down the #8 injector path, and there probably was nothing wrong with leaving the LL in there.
I will post the number of the International cps that I used. I think they are still available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.