Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

boost gauge question

650 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  farm boy 
#1 ·
I have an 01 7.3 that is for the most part stock. according to my gauge i get about 20 psi of boost. i plan to upgrade my turbo housing and compressor wheel in the future as well as a few other mods. how will this affect my boost? i am wanting a set of new gauges and trying to decide if the 0-30 psi gauge will be enough or if i should get the 0-40. the gauge i have now is 0-60 and it just seems like overkill.

Thanks.

#2 ·
My '00 will hit 19-20# boost on the stock setting and will bounce off 30# on my hot setting (TW chip.) My understanding is that it's not good for the stock turbo to see over 25# very often/very long, so I've got a 0-30# gauge.

Not sure how the upgrades you're planning will effect the boost #'s but someone else will...

#3 ·
Get the 0-40, easy to read and accomodates future mods. Also go with a new turbo, don't dump money into housings and wheels it won't really help your boost numbers. Go with a whole new turbo, something like a 38r

#4 ·
I can hit #30 psi with my stock turbo w/ 1.0 turbine housing, and ported compressor housing on my race setting. A complete new turbo would be best, but I couldn't drop $1800 @ the time. My stocker is holding up just fine w/ the upgrades. get the #40 gauge. Leaves room for improvement.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.