Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ya another one running on one bank???

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  NorCalDiesel 
#1 ·
01 with 171000mi dead in my driveway, after long crank it will run on the right bank , bun nothing on the left, I orderd AE today but to late for next day shipping so it will be hear monday. I check fuel PSI @ bowl and have 70psi,manual PSI gauge in the left head and when it runs it has 3500-4000 psi instaled new UVCG and harness but still same thing, pulled high pressure oil line looks fine and flows air both way, no codes with my Acautron scanner and no check engine light. some times when cranking there is no High presure oil in the left head and other times there is.
Just wondering if the ecm will fire the injectors if there in no high psi oil?
or will it only fire if there is enough oil psi
any sugestions would be great , by monday I should have my AutoEnginuity Total Ford Bundle up and running and hopfuly have some more info
thanks Jeremy

#4 ·
It won't fire period until the desired HPOP pressures reached. The whole HPO system is all intertwined and connected so you should be seeing the same pressure on both sides. I think its something else, I don't really have any ideas and would like to hear others input as you most likely would.

#7 ·
Sounds like you have a bad harness.

Wiring diagram, kick butt one by the way. Thatnks Dirk.

The 42 pin connector is numbered. I think the IDM connector is also.

#8 ·
he beat me to it lol thanks arisley

if you look at the other post on this Arisley posted the pin diagram my friend got ancious and brought his truck to a shop fri and they still don't know whats wrong with it. i know it is the wiring between the motor and idm

#10 ·
thanks for the wire diagram but in the 42 pin plug the left bank high voltage is pin 11 not 16:doh: there are 2 16 listed , every thing ohm out ok except for cylinder #6 and when I wigled the 42 pin conector the ohm's would drop?? bad conection?? but after a long crank I got it to stay running for a bit and it set some new codes this time, one that cought my eye is P1316 IDM codes detected , I am going to try n track down a used IDM to try out, could the high resistance on #6 caused the IDM to die??? any pins I should ohm out b4 instaling the next IDM ??

#11 ·
1316 doesn't mean the IDM is bad , it means there are codes stored in it . you need to do a buzz test to retrieve them ... most likely a burned or unplugged wire , you can verify that by looking ...the buzz test will tell you which side to look at ...

#15 ·
You mentioned earlier that you had one of the HP oil lines off, right? If so that would most likely be your hard start. You probably have air in the HP oil line and head. Run it kind of hard and get the air out, may take about 50 -100 miles.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.