Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone bedlined there oil pan?

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  HotRodTractor 
#1 ·
Has anyone on here ever bedlined their oil pan mines got a few spots of rust and I go through alot of feilds with corn stalks so I was thinking maybe bedliner would be a good idea for it but I dont know if it would hold in more heat and make my oil temps go through the roof. Any input?

#6 ·
Powerstrokejunkie line-x his, I think the coating was 1/16 or 1/8" but dont quote me on that.

#7 ·
yea, powerstrokejunkie has his line-x'd, but right now he's also fighting oil temperature issues, soooo, something to think about

#8 ·
My thing is.....if anything happens to that damm pan I have to pull the freeking motor to replace it. ANYTHING that will help me keep from doing that I'm signing up for!!!!! :D

#10 ·
POR-15 it and your good to go for life.

#11 ·
I would clean it up prime it with an epoxy based primer and paint it with some stainless steel spray paint. I have some that's over 90% SS flake (Semore). From there paint it with a good epoxy based paint like por15. Should give you more than a few years of good service.

#12 ·
Thats what I was wondering about the oil temps since beliner acts like such an insulator but isnt por15 really think chit to?

#14 ·
wire brush the pan and put a few coats of POR-15 on and you'll never have to worrie about it again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.