Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

what does it take to run 13's?

6K views 73 replies 24 participants last post by  TheDirt 
#1 ·
What kind of hp do I need to run a mid 13? What injectors, turbo, etc do I need? Could I just do stage 2 injectors and some spray? Thanks

#4 ·
In the truck in your avatar?

Swamps 175/146 and a Van turbo worked for me but I'm a regular cab 2wd.

#7 ·
Go with 238 hybrids and a 38R turbo and a trans and you should be there with the right tunes. That would put you at the 500+HP mark

#20 ·
With good tuning you should be ok... I dont know if i would spray it though but thats just me

And you know to go with a 38r you are going to have to change the up pipes and sh!t around since you are an early 99 its not a direct bolt up.

#22 ·
It might be cheaper to find the parts on here. I know I saw some people a while back selling all the parts to make it work in the for sale section

#29 ·
ouch, i looked down on the dyno and say my fuel pressure gauge off the reg return at 0.....

#30 ·
Thats no Bueno LOL

#31 ·
well to make you go 13s in the 1/4 you need to go get a chevy 350, stick it in any body you want, throw nitrous at it and run 12s. that all would be cheaper than making your truck run 13s... and it wouldnt break all the time.

#32 ·
Yawn.... Just like every other idiot that can't think outside the box....

If you wanna look at it that way go spend 5000 on a crotch rocket, say a CBR1000 or equivelant and run what high 10's-11's for far cheaper then any belly button motor could for 5000....

#34 ·
yeah,, thanks guys, i tried the whole go fast in a diesel thing. it didnt work out for me. Fast to me is 8 or 9 in the 1/4, i been racing for a while. Just thought id give the diesel a try, ive always used em to pull my fast cars around. Anyways after about 7 grand into my ford and thats parts alone not labor, i was still settin at 14s, so i decided to make it a tow truck again as it should be. But hey if you got the cash and the will, race the big trucks just was trying to get across it wont be cheap to do it.

#35 ·
yeah,, thanks guys, i tried the whole go fast in a diesel thing. it didnt work out for me. Fast to me is 8 or 9 in the 1/4, i been racing for a while. Just thought id give the diesel a try, ive always used em to pull my fast cars around. Anyways after about 7 grand into my ford and thats parts alone not labor, i was still settin at 14s, so i decided to make it a tow truck again as it should be. But hey if you got the cash and the will, race the big trucks just was trying to get across it wont be cheap to do it.
Don't worry there a lots of guys like you, that is why it is so important to buy your parts from a company that actually cares if your truck runs good. Too many people shop around to get the best deal on parts and while they did get a better price shopping around they did not get what they wanted in terms of performance.
7000.00 will put any CC 4x4 SD in the mid 13's.

#37 ·
:whs: plus yeah diesel people are growing to be more common everyday but still when u spank any car on the way home and they just look at you after and realized they just got whooped by sumthin there car can fit under its worth every penny.. trucks are built not bought

#41 ·
I already have a 10 second car

Im not trying to build a drag truck, just somethin to have fun with on the streets. Plus all my friends have cummins, I wanna build somethin different
Best reason of all.

#43 ·
I wish I had the money to be different and fast to

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.