Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Lifting a 2000 F-550?

772 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Moulder 
#1 ·
I've got a 2000 Ford F-550 that I plan on turning into my daily driver eventully. I would like to put some lift on it and improve the ride quality if possible. At first I was thinking about air bags all the way around but I think I would like to stick with coils or springs for simplicity. The truck currently has an aftermarket air suspension on the rear but I think I want to put stock leafs under it again. I also plan on moving the front axle forward on the frame so it will be the same wheel base as a F-350. This will make mounting the truck bed I have easier. It is getting a Cummins and Allison so having to shorten the driveshaft won't be unexpected. Would the Icon Vehicle Dynamics 2000-2004 FSD DRW 4.5 inch Hanger System be a good choice? I know I cant use the rear u-bolts in this kit. How bad of an idea would it be to add blocks to the 550 rear suspension? What other problems might I run into?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.