Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

ATS Products

3K views 26 replies 20 participants last post by  CSIPSD 
#1 ·
Has anyone used ATS torque converters???

If so any problems out of them?

Did anyone noticed much of a difference with 60 ft or track times or anything else driveabilty?

I am thinking about changing it up and see what else i can get for this thing before more power!

#9 ·
If your signature is correct you already have a PI converter so I doubt you would notice any difference in performance. It would be a waste of $$$ IMHO.
Now if you had a stock TC then yes it would be an upgrade.

#12 ·
:eek: How in the hell.

I'm making just as much power as you can my Coan Racing converter that I had put in 3 years ago when the tranny was rebuilt is holding up just fine.

#14 ·
Fluids is Motorcraft mercon V no problem there!

I am breaking the sprag on the stator everytime, first it starts to make a cirpping noise then i will not have a stall So about like pulling a house in overdrive out of the hole but once it gets past that spot which is about 25 mph the wheels will break lose and carry the truck sideways about 3 lanes of traffic. :doh:

#21 ·
Not completely true, lol.

#20 ·
Im looking to upgrade my trans too. My cousin races a 78' Little Red Express TT Cummins and he has been using a suncoast for the past few years with no problems.

#24 ·
Spragless converters shear the fluid faster. It gets darker faster. Doing fluid changes something to the tune of every 7500 miles...

#25 ·
if your wanting a trans. i would go BTS...lifetime warrenty for ANY problems. 4500 bux. running bts in the pulling truck and 2 other buddies have them in their daily drivers. very impressed. located in Arkansas. bout 30 mins south of brandson Mo.

#26 ·
Used to run a cheap racer x torque convertor (X6tc) for about a year with no issues @ 550hp and 6months @ 650 hp.

Then i figured that i should upgrade to a PI since i got more power and i thought my racer x was a weak link. It hasnt been 2 months and 1000 miles and my PI convertor was making weird noises and it had to be sent back to get made into a spragless. I did cut some 1.5 60fts though!

Also maybe somebody can anwser this question.......Why does a PI torque convertor weigh so dang much???....It weighs 70 plus pounds. A suncoast or similar doesnt weigh they much. It cant be helping power.

#27 ·
My suncoast was one heavy SOB... not sure how much but it suprised me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.