Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Tornado Takes Out Freight Train

2K views 20 replies 16 participants last post by  trackspeeder 
#1 ·
Check this chit out, i work for the RailRoad and was shown this.

Its freaking insane!

Heres another one, these guys just barely escaped death!

#6 ·
DAAAAAYYYYYAAAAAMn......would have never seen that first one coming...flipped it over like a toy

#7 ·
Look back, say holy crap as the first one goes over. Then realize the ones behind are coming up to you, REALLY FAST. Do you have enough time to grab ahold of something. Or are you so mesmerised that you just stand there and watch it coming, and say "OH $HIT, wake up Fred, he's fixen to miss a hell of a wreck".

#9 ·
Damn...I would have crapped in my pants,If I saw that coming my way!

#11 ·
That was caught from loco camera on the rear locomotive, id say the engineer and conductor didnt even see it coming. My guess would be that when the first 8 cars were blown off the track and the train went into emergency the engineer and conductor just looked at each other until the other cars hit them. Either way that sucks and i hope it never happens to me.

#12 ·
Thats a Put your head between your legs and kiss your arse goodbye moment.

I was wondering if the Locomotive goes into an emergency brake mode. Is it when they lose air pressure to a set amount the brakes kick on? Those cars come up fast:eek:

#14 ·
Wow that was awesome. You could see the trees start to lay over then the cars started laying down.

#15 ·
Why in the world did those guys in the second vid have their equipment all on the train track?

#17 ·
A lot of times Maint. Of Way will have work limits when they are working on a track, trains can still come through but only with the permission of the roadway worker in charge. The cars that hit all that equipment were not in a train, they were left on line of road and not properly secured with handbrakes, they got away from where they were left and just happened to go through were the MOW guys were working.

#19 ·
FYI Jap, train cars dont have mirrors, only locomotive's have mirrors. The Loco's stayed on the track and FWIW, Loco mirrors are still cooler than your "Nemo" mirrors. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.