Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Brake issue

773 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Super_Hauler 
#1 ·
So we were coming back from getting hay this weekend and some bitch pulled out in front of me pulling a loaded trailer of 19,000. I was grossing 37,000 anyways it was heavy and she didnt want to stop i mashed the brakes and got slowed down. pulled into the yard just fine, i could smell my brakes from hitting them but i had brakes when i stopped. I pulled ahead after unloading and i have very little pressure in the pedal now, if i push it hard i can make it hit the floor. I have brakes but its really un-nerving not having them right at first touch. I pulled the rear duals and calipers seem fine no leaks i saw front or rear. Anyone have any ideas? No leaks anywhere on the truck, but i saw it overflowed on the reservoir when i poped the hood to check fluid. Sorry for long post just want to be thourough. Thanks ahead a time!

#2 ·
Take a look at the brake pedal assembly under the dash and make sure nothing broke. One other thing I'd check is to see if you maybe have gotten air in the lines from all the heat generated under the heavy loaded stop, it may have caused the fluid to boil, creating air pockets in the lines. Maybe bleed all the lines and see if you get your brakes back. That's the cheapest things I can think of

#4 ·
:whs:

Especially when the master cylinder pukes brake fluid. I would be willing to bet you cooked you some fluid.

Easy fix. By a couple of quarts of fluid, and a twelve pack or your favorite adult beverage. Open every bleeder valve, remove the top off the reservoir, fill it up. Go ice down the beer. Top of master cylinder. Go get you a nice comfortable lawn chair. Top off the master cylinder. Go get you some good tunes (the music kind, not the performance kind). Top off the master cylinder. Open and consume a beer. Top off master cylinder.

You see where this is going. Continue until you see nice clean new fluid coming from bleeders.

If your wife is like mine, attach a hose to each cylinder and run it into an empty pop bottle (keeps the driveway clean).

This job is way easier with a freind to shoot the crap with while watching the master cylinder level go down.

BTW, DO NOT let the master cylinder empty, if it does, you have to start over.

Sorry for the long post, but it was important.

#5 ·
LOL thanks! arisley, i will probably forget what i am doing since i have to drink so much beer!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.