Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

takin out the U shaped intake manifold.

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  SKINNER 
#1 ·
Ok so im to the point on my EGR delete where I can take out the intake manifold. any hiddin bolts I should know about? do I need to pry it out? or should it just pop off?

#2 ·
Best I can remember, its pretty strait forward . Dont remember any surprises.

#4 ·
oh boy this kit is just a riot!LOL well my egr delete kit came with new gaskets, I have had a few people tell me I dont really need to replace them.

#7 ·
haha I just didn't want to take my manifold off. but I guess you have to on the 03-04 to take the EGR cooler out

#10 ·
You should use new gaskets. Do you really want to have to pull it apart again? Ford specifies replacing them if you pull it apart anyways.

Dave

#11 ·
Hell i reused my gaskets as well, no real suprises, just take the bolts out and pull the u shaped manifold out. there is a sensor of somesort on the drivers side back towards the fire wall thats a B*tch to get off and on without a long slanted pair of needle nose pliers.

#12 ·
Good rule of thumb is if it had a new gasket when it was assemble then you need to make sure it has a new gasket when YOU assemble. Just my theory though- I'd hate to have to do it a second time if it needed a new one the first time ;)

#13 ·
hmm thats funny, i reused my gasket with Adams kit and havent had any issues. Skinner its your truck, do what you want to, ive seen guys use new gaksets and ive seen guys, including me, reuse the gaskets.

#14 ·
The intake gaskets are reusable check them to see if the seals are still soft not misshaped or cut, but if you have new gaskets use them!! you can always save the old one for an emergency...I have my old ones hanging on the wall...just in case!!

#17 ·
haha I used them, I just have seen guys get the EGR delete out without taking the intake man. out but that was on an 06. I have an 04 so my intake man. has the wrap around

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.