Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

lookin at a dp f-5 any suggestions?

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  big_stroker 
#1 ·
i am currently runnin superchips and want to get rid of it,and was lookin in to getin a dp f-5 curious as to what programs poeple recommend.i do tow around 5k quite frequently and upwards of 10 occasionally,also need some gauges what you recommend with out spendin a fortune

#2 ·
i am currently runnin superchips and want to get rid of it,and was lookin in to getin a dp f-5 curious as to what programs poeple recommend.i do tow around 5k quite frequently and upwards of 10 occasionally,also need some gauges what you recommend with out spendin a fortune
I would suggest a no start tune, stock tune, tow tune, daily driver tune, and then a few play tunes like the 100 or 120HP tunes.

I also really like Dipricol Optix guages, some of the best on the market.

You can generally get package deals for around $300 for guages.

#3 ·
I second the Dipricol kit... They look pretty sweet and are excellent quality. As far as the F-5 chip goes, I'm very happy with the 80E and 120R files for a little messing around without getting out of hand on my stock motor and the 60T file is nice for the light towing I do occasionally.

#4 ·
Also have a look at the f6. You can add/upgrade tunes over the net. Cool feature if that appeals to you. Holds up to 16tunes

Ive got: 0.nostart 1.stock 2.20t 3.40t 4.decel 5.60t 6.80e 7.120r 8.drivethru
towing all kinds of weights and very happy to have access at the touch of a button. The decel tune really works well too.

#5 ·
check the classifieds.

#7 ·
When I had my DP tuner, I thought the 60t was by far the best all around program. The pedal was more linear and the power was consistent through the rpm range. I now have a PHP chip and do not see the need for live tuning at this time. Bill nailed it on the first shot.

#9 ·
I love the DPTuner, with the JW valve body the tunes do exactly what I wanted. Shifts quick but not harsh & makes good power.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.