Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

TPMS

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Wildcat 
#1 ·
any way to shut this off? my buddy just got a lift and the tpms is saying "fault" .

#2 ·
I dont think that their is. Atleast i havent heard of anyone being able to shut it off. Their has to be a way since some trucks have it and some dont. Same buddy that traded lifts on craigslist?

#5 ·
The thing i dont understand is that some 08's dont have it. So their has to be something somewhere that recives the signal that we can get rid of or programming in the computer their has to be a way somehow.

#9 ·
There is no way to turn it off right now. The sjb (smart junction box) is the receiver for the tpms sensors. It works like this: every 60 seconds the sjb gets a signal from each one of the sensors, it then compares them and if something is out it sends the message to the instrument cluster.
You only have 2 choices, install and train new sensors with the new wheels or live with the message.
If there is a way around this its news to me.

#12 ·
Not sure about the non tpms sjb, but its a programable module and would probably cause vin mismatch codes as the ic is configured to that sjb.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.