Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Truck without engine

2K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  suprdzlduty 
#1 ·
Would anyone be interested in buying the truck in my picture without and engine it has a new tranny and would be perfect for a cummins conversion Im just seeing if anyones interested at the moment!

#2 ·
how much and how many miles and who built the tranny(auto or manual)

#4 ·
The trans is a jasper but it had a transgo tugger kit put in and a 3 disk bilet torque converter. The truck it self has 243,000mi on it its got the 03 trailer tow mirrors and new brakes and rotors on the frontand new brakes and a caliper on the back, frame is in good condition the rear leaf springs were changed at some point and time I dont know why the owner before me had it done. Right now Im just looking for the best route to make something off of it. I may end up parting it out if I cant make enough by selling it this way or putting a stock 7.3 back in and selling it that way?:blah: Because I just put a new motor in that I bought with under 100,000 on it and on my way home from work today it threw a rod through the block with only 2800 miles with me on it and I never once took it off stock so Im looking to change to something different.

#7 ·
make an offer because honestly not 100%sure. By rolling chassis do you mean without the body? house you got me confused.

#11 ·
K thanks arisley i wasnt positive on what all that entailed. Ill let ya know kbnord if i do decide to part it out. Do yall think id make more pareting it out or should I buy another used motor and sell this as a complete truck?

#12 ·
deffinatley buy a used motor.. hell you could probably easly sell it for 7k mabey 8 or 9 running good.. think about 2k for a nice running motor and youd be set...

#13 ·
Fast nickle, slow dime. You can put a motor in it and sell it quick and whole. Or you can part it out and probably make more money on it, but it will take a while.

#15 ·
If I go the part it out route what are the parts that most people want my front leather seats are tore up as it was a farm rig but other than that its in damn good shape really for the age and mileage. Would I get more out of it if I thew the stuff in my signature in it with a used engine? or should I sell them all seperatly?

#17 ·
deffinatley sell it as a stock truck,, then sell your aftermarket parts sepreatley,, aperantly aftermarket parts dont mean crap when you sell a vehical,, i had about 4 or 5 k in my truck and it didnt make a dam when i sold it would have sold for the exact same price stock set up..

#18 ·
Yeah thats what I heard to makes ya wonder why that is?

#19 ·
however in this economy how long will it take to sell and will you get what its worth

#20 ·
if you are looking for a good motor I am considering a swap (not to the dark side) but I would be selling mine. I just went through it, bottom end is good, forged rods, new head gaskets, heads and valves checked, arp studs, oil pump, etc. it is in truck and running now. I am located in Ohio.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.