Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Which Intake?

6K views 55 replies 20 participants last post by  Dzchey21 
#1 ·
I am thinking about upgrading from the Spartan 210 to the 275 and adding an intake....but not sure which one to go with. Anybody have any thoughts on this? Thanks for the help

:bowfast:

#10 ·
You probably will not go wrong with any high flow cac that you choose. It just depends on personal preference. I ran AFE on my 6.0 and currently run S&B on my 6.4. I think they are both great setups. The S&B is a little nicer finish but i don't think that makes it work any better than the other.

#12 ·
I have an AFE COLD AIR INTAKE with extra filter that i am selling it is for
a 6.4L i want $250CA for everything. If anyone is interested. Thanks

#17 ·
So one more question...I am currently running the spartan with a 210 tune. Will I have to get a new tune whenever i replace the Intake or will the tune i have now work with the new intake?

Thanks again for all the replies

#19 ·
No you don't need a new tuner when you replace intakes.

#23 ·
I do notice no one seems to run the volant. I do, it was higher in price but I like that is draws air from the fender emblem and the stock funnel. Not sure if I am a fan of the filter, might change to a dry cleanable. The intake temp is only 4 degrees or so above ambient, which I think is very good.

#26 ·
are these new dry filters going to filter better than the current one?

#28 ·
what a derail LOL . so does the dry S&B work better than the oiled one?

#29 ·
I had to wait to receive my tunes, so in the intermit I installed just the s&b intake. I noticed a difference with just that modification, spooled up better, with the tunes- sweet music. I remember reading somewhere that the company that makes the oem filters also make the air filters for the Abrahms tank. I think that they are all good as long as you service them religiously. Food for thought, hardcores do it w/their oil changes and say they get alot of dirt out of them even w/ only 5000k in between cleanings. Im ordering my cleaning/oil kit this week. the last thing I want to do w/ all this $ invested is rely on the vaccum check gauge and up dust hazing my intake tract. Rebuild on diesel engine- $!!!? Peace of mind- Priceless.

#30 ·
yet i have to say i can't tell a difference in spool up time with out the intake, only thing i see is that it smokes more now. fuel economy seems to be better so far with my stock air box and filter....

#32 ·
anybody have the dry filter yet? i am going that route so i dont have to mess with the oil everytime i clean it

#38 ·
Hey guys, thanks for all the responses. I ended up going with an S&B, which i got installes last night. Not sure if i am crazy about the way the turbo sounds now...but i havent had much of a chance to "test" it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.