Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Would you be interested in a drop in 99.5-03 turbo that would support 550-600rwhp?

Gauging interest: drop in turbo for 99.5-03 powerstroke. 550-600hp

18K views 194 replies 51 participants last post by  lildevil02 
#1 ·
What kind of interest would there be for a direct replacement turbo(99.5-03 PSD) that would supply enough air for 550-600rwhp?

#14 ·
What it all comes down to is cost. If you can sell a drop in turbo for around $2000 - $2500 or so that will handle 600hp then you got yourself one hell of a product. You wont be able to keep them on the shelves.

#21 ·
I can build a kit to mount a H2e or S-400 for less then 700 retail... Then find a turbo of your choice.

Not saying I am selling anything at this point, but there easy to make.

What happened to the 38R and a bunch of nitrous???

#23 ·
Not you specificly... But I thought David loved the 38r and a bottle of spray...:D

#27 ·
I would be very interested as well. Just bought DI up pipes and they are beautiful and I'd hate to get rid of them when I upgrade. :) If the price could be around $2k that would be the only turbo upgrade I would choose if it could support 5-600 hp.

I'll allow my truck to be the test bed if you wanna scatter some pmrs all over...:evil

#34 ·
to have 550-600hp and really quick spooling your going to need twins. When you have a single turbo that spools quick your going to sacrafice top end hp, and if you want one that supports gobs of hp its gonna be a little laggy. a turbo that supports 550-600 is probably going to be a bit laggy since it will have to be in the 70mm inducer range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.