Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

38R in the stock class

3K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  bigrpowr 
#1 ·
Is it allowed or will it bump me up to the next class?
I really don't want to throw on the stocker to pull and I dont have enough power for the next class up (or the required u-joint shields).
What do you guys think?

#2 ·
from what I remember the 38r's look pretty much just like a stocker dont they ?
I'd say keep your mouth shut about it and you'll never have a problem, but technically it would be a 2.6 tuebo so they would probably put you in a bigger class if they relize what it is.

#3 ·
ya they look like a big stocker with a larger intake hose.
The only thing im worried about is that I heard they're cracking down this year and opening hoods. Guess I'll just hope they either don't catch it, or don't care.
Thanks

#5 ·
A little electrical tape oughta do the trick.
Thanks for that tip

#7 ·
These rules say "limited to OEM make-specific turbocharger only" for the stock class

#9 ·
just dont get in line behind one still runnin the stocker, they may have a better memory if they are back to back.

#10 ·
Sounds like I should be fine then. Thanks for the help guys!

#12 ·
Its not like im gonna win anyway against a dmax with a tuner

#13 ·
Ain't that the truth.

#18 ·
Yeah but if you were in a 7.3 and pulling you'd feel the cummins and d-max guys were cheating. It's not much fun pulling in a 2.4 class and having a d-max pull in it and then he goes and pulls in the 2.6 and he ends up feet from where he was.

He could always get a 2.4 housing put on it.

#20 ·
Most places dont run a pure stock class, they are going towards the 2.4 2.6 2.8 or 3.0 rules. So if you put it on go have fun just dont say anything to any one.

#21 ·
No if it was me I'd pull in the 2.6 class as the turbo would be sized for it. I wouldn't condone doing what he wants to do but I can understand why he wants to do it.

If he wants to win he should drop in a 12v or open up the wallet. The rules should be changed so it's a more level playing field. Fords are down on HP and everyone there knows it.

#22 ·
Exactly. I know that he is technically cheating, and yes, it is wrong, but if he was cheating to win, that would be one thing, but for what he is doing, let him have some fun.

#24 ·
It wouldn't be cheating if he put a smaller housing on it. The dodge guys do it around here and it's legal. The 2.4 class is supposed to be a work stock class it's not fair that a dodge or d-max can put 150 extra horses to the ground and be in the same class.

#25 ·
These classes didn't go 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, etc. They went stock then right to 2.8. Trucks in the stock class were were doing exactly as silverf250 said, running the 2.8 class as well and almost going the same distance. But whatever, for the record, I did not cheat at all, just had a lot of fun.
Im done with this thread

#29 ·
These classes didn't go 2.4, 2.6, 2.8, etc. They went stock then right to 2.8. Trucks in the stock class were were doing exactly as silverf250 said, running the 2.8 class as well and almost going the same distance. But whatever, for the record, I did not cheat at all, just had a lot of fun.
Im done with this thread
I see these numbers all the time when it comes to sled pulling. How excatly to they relate to the turbo? Is it the size of the compressor inlet?

#27 ·
Well...Around eastern PA, most track rules state Stock appearing turbo charger. Now in saying that, I have been to many pulls where most dodges have some sort of variant S300 hanging off the side of the manifold. I have argued that there never has been a a 5.9 cummins with a S300 on it from OEM. It goes nowhere!

But then a Ford rolls through tech with a H2E sitting under the hood. Well the tech guys put him in the 2.8 class because he is running an aftermarket turbo.

No matter where you go to pull the 7.3 PSD is out of luck against the tech check for the stock class.

Brent.

#28 ·
thats what the rules are here.Stock appearing turbo in the stock class.Don't really know if the 38r is stock appearing though,never seen one.

#32 ·
you know if a dirty max can pull in the stock class and move up thats crap and the cummins is in a nother leage so who cares! if you were getting your ass kicked all over the track you would do the samething!

Man go head up the 38r on! your not the only one doing it! 7.3 needs all the help it can get! yes its cheating by the rulse but if you think of all the cummins going throw tech with the h2e then its not cheating

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.