Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

HID lights

758 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Gotti2k7 
#1 ·
Since i changed to HIDs back in February my truck engine shuts of when the automatic lights turn on(10+ times since Feb.).It could be running @50 MPH or a idle,it doesn't matter or it shuts off for a split second but not enough to shut the engine off(idle drops and runs good after that).Its been doing more often then before and sometimes when i try to start it,it happened already as soon as i turned the key to on and it doesn't start it just cranks over.So my question is there something that is hooked up to the lighting system that will turn of the engine.I hope it is not the lights its self as i cant imagine going back to halogens.

#2 ·
I'm sure someone has an answer............

#3 ·
02 F-250 SC SB 4X4
AUTOMETER COLBALT EGT BOOST TRANS
4'' SILVERLINE TURBOBACK STRIGHT PIPE
AFE STAGE 1 INTAKE
DP TUNER STOCK,LOPE,40TOW,DECEL,60TOW 80ECON,120RACE,140SMOKE
BTS VALVE BODY
GARRETT GTP38R
BANKS BIG HEAD WASTEGATE
ITP OVERBOOST ANNIHILATOR
203 TERMOSTAT BILLET HOUSING
Theres your problem :D

Call DP and ask them about a cable upgrade for your tuner. Known problem.

#4 ·
:whs: I had the same problem with my dp tuner, I just turn the lights on before I start the truck now

#5 ·
I would go with what he said. I have the HID kit on my truck and have no problems what so ever.

#6 ·
Had the exact same problem. It was caused by the DP. I sent my chip out to be retuned for injectors, and had absolutely no problem with my lights. But also the tuning update fixed whatever the problem was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.