Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

76 F-150... CR, 12v, 6.4

5K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  Dzchey21 
#1 ·
got a 76 f-150 that just sits now... been thinking about a swap for awhile now, 12v would be cool, CR would be even better, 6.4 would be tight if i could get one cheap, im going to do alot of the fab work myself but what do you all think, long term wise would be the best as far as building a drag truck thats streetable, maybe even show worthy...

Here is a pic of it a couple years ago, not much has changed with it.

See less See more
#2 ·
there are plenty of old ford with the scummins under the hood, i have yet to see a 6.4. That would be pricey but sick as hell!

#3 ·
yes definatly, a 6.0 is an option too i guess, i will also mention that most of the swaps may end up being a frame swap too if i can, just because my truck is a an f-150 with 8 lug dana 44 up front and a dana 60 out back, and i really want it to be reliable, so a frame/ body swap is what im lookin at.

#7 ·
I dont know but if you get it I would deffinetly be interested in the pass side door. :D
Depending on mileage I would say 4-8K

#15 ·
well i think a 6.4 is going to be out of the question (too much dough for right now) i think im going to retire the black truck as my drag truck and build a 12v for this truck to drag race and maybe pull with a little, i wanna do twin turbo's and do it right and make it a clean install, im going to try and do a 47re or something for a trans not sure on the transfercase probably going to do a dana 70 or something in the back, and i need to figure out a dana 60 for the front among alot of other things, so im out on the look for a 12v, or even a 24v i can p-pump

#22 ·
I have been kicking the idea around to do the same to my 79'. Would love to know how the process goes.

#26 ·
Took me along time to find one in decent enough shape to rebuild LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.