Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Difference between T444E and Navistar 7.3

9K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  jdexcursion 
#1 ·
I got a motor off my uncle that is out of his box truck. It is a 1996 T444e, and I was wondering what is the difference between that and a Navistar 7.3. Also what parts off it would work in building another motor for my 2001? Any info will help.

#5 ·
shouldnt have an EBPV either, so it has a non EBPV pedestal. If you are changing turbos out this may not matter but you'll be able to sell that to an OBS guy. I'm curious to know about the turbo as in what size housing it uses etc., you wont be using any of that if it's going in a SD or that X in your avatar. However, it is a forged rod block.:ford: so depending on your level of performance it's good to go. If compression is good you may even be able to just use the block and heads as is. Otherwise if the heads arent cracked they can be rebuilt, or exchanged for rebuilds to IH, I found that to be cheaper when I did my OBS motor, and the bottom end can be freshened up with new bearings and rings. Do you know the mileage/history?

#6 ·
I'm not sure exactly on the miles of it or how hard it was run, it did come out of a 24' box truck. It does have a non ebpv pedistal on it and it has a 1.10 housing on the turbo. I don't know exactly the reason why the motor was removed so I was going to just do a complete rebuild, big hp! Thanks for the info guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.