Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

exhaust pieces

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  1970something 
#1 ·
is there anywere online that sells exhaust tubing? i can bend it my self. im loking for 4 inch pipe.

#6 ·
just the tubing. ill crawl under there with a tape measure tomm and get the exact measurements. i was planning on just running a straight pipe from the down pipe back. any problem with that? i was gonna just weld it all together. its going to go from my down pipe to the bed where i want to make it into a 5 inch stack. so it will follow the stock exhaust run.

#12 ·
the outlet of the turbo is 3 inch. so running 3 inch pipe down to clear the cab will not do anything. and trying to stuff 4 inch pipe between the turbo outlet, rear of the block, and the firewall of the cab is gonna be a biatch. plus, a 3 inch pipe with no muffler will flow just as much, if not more than a 4 inch with a muffler.

#15 ·
i run single 3 inch from the turbo down to the t-case cross member, into a 3 inch y pipe to 3 inch pipes along the outside of the frame into 4 inch stacks on my 88.
before i detuned the engine a few years ago, i made a few 350+hp dyno runs.
but i also was breaking way too much stuff. 1 ZF trans, 1 BW 1356 t-case, 8 rear drive shafts, 4 front drive shafts, and 2 rear carrier assemblies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.