Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

poping back into air intake noise/sound

17K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  crazycruz257 
#1 ·
I'am having an issue with my truck it is running rough again, and has a poping back noise/sound into the air intake, their is no smoke of any kind unless you get the RPMs up, like your reving the motor to around 2000-2500 and letting it come back down then it blows out smoke its a whiteish bluesish color, unless your driving the truck then it smokes with the whiteish/blueish smoke and will clear up some and start again.I have replaced the CPS and also replaced 1 and 8 injectors, it was running better, but then it started running funny again and know has the popping back into the air intake. the number 8 cyl is coming back up as an issue on the scanner. as I said the number 1 and 8 had just been replaced. less than 1000 miles ago any help would be great Thanks Sickford

#5 ·
I get kinda the same thing at idle. If it idles for a few mins, and gets down in the rpm. I get a not quite popping, but its like a hollow lope sound out of the intake. Nothing is hurt, runs great, doesnt miss, no smoke, but i get this lope hollow pop sound. Any clues?

#7 ·
I have seen totaly stock trucks come thru the shop with rockers ripped in half and push rods mangled. One guy admitted to getting stuck in the mud and reving the chit out of it. Rev. limiters will keep you honest but not always keep you from hurting parts.

#11 ·
I have another motor that will be going into the truck some time soon, I will rebuild this one and have a spare motor as I use the truck for hauling cars every day, well most every day when she runs rights.LOL Thanks Guys for the input, I may just check the push rods/rockers first and see what issue that I may have before pulling the motor. if I dont see any issue's I will check the valves and have the heads rebuilt when I do the rest of the motor, the motor has 280,987 miles on it with lots of hard use, and abuse. it has been a good motor until know.Thanks Kenneth/SickFord

#12 ·
Mine did that last week. It was like a thumping sound in the air box. But mine was losing power and smoking and even died a couple of times. It was a injector. they replaced it tuesday and has been fine so far.

Later Cruz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.