Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tranny blown?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  BRUSKI 
#1 ·
welp i pulled tonite and some things went down...i got to the end and had i let off the truck went to put it into reverse and had nothing....nothing popped i pulled then stopped i stopped my self. tranny temps where up there around 210 do you think i just smoked the tq converter.

would this cause for not having anything but park and neutral?

#2 ·
I'll reply here, too.

Any resolution on this? Almost sounds like the transfer case has a problem if you have no forward or reverse. However, if Park is still holding the truck then that's probably not it.

Could have possibly broke the input shaft, although it's odd there was no "pop" or "bang". Possibly the converter, but not likely. Even fully thrashed converters will still move the truck a little bit.

That's an odd one. Good luck on getting it figred out.

#3 ·
It sure appeared that the trans was slipping like crazy all the way down the track. Something didn't seem right from the start. We didn't hear anything in the stands either. Having been witness to input and intermediate shaft failures, I can say that yours didn't happen like I've seen them fail. It certainly wouldn't be the first Suncoast 5R110 to fail. It's time to call the Canadians!

#4 ·
here's what the intermediate will sound like when it goes, just for reference. the input shaft makes about the same noise too. this is in a Suncoast trans, and the intermediate was made from billet.

#5 ·
ive popped a shaft before but nothing popped it just i pulled till i stopped and had nothing from there...alot of people saying its probably the tq converter burnt up

#7 ·
haha!! you saved it rob, nice... i'm still proud of my photoshop work on that one!
you get full credit on the naming!

#9 ·
idk well find out tomorrow i dropped it today and tq converter is stuck on tranny...and i can spin converter and out put spins but as soon as i grab output it stops moving even tho im moving the converter....also i now this is soo stupid and i know im gonna get bashed but i was in 4 hi when i pulled didnt relize it.. i dont use my 4wd much and i have a consul that covers it so i couldnt see what i was in i pulled 4x4 popped on the dash so i went with it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.