Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

6.0 diablo

2K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  halerazor 
#1 ·
ok so i have 04 f-350 its Straight Piped with 4"inch lift and 35's. I have got a diablosport predator that i got from a friend cheap.lol but what should i do to run it or would street tune be good. Or what should i do.

G
#4 ·
Everything I have heard about them is not good for your truck. Most guys here use SCT. I guess they work well for the 6.0. I have a Superchips Cortex and it works fine for me. Some guys here told me to get rid of mine also. I was concerned so I asked Matt if I did the wrong thing and he told me that buying the Superchips was not a bad thing, there is just some driveability left on the table. I use the tow performance tune and it runs and shifts pefectly and I'm getting 18mpg. I had one for my 7.3 as well and I never had a problem with that one either. I think it really all depends on how you maintain and drive your truck. If you beat the snot out of your truck all the time you are going to have problems no matter what programmer you use..

G
#19 ·
If I where you, I would talk to Matt or one of these guys that sells the SCT and ask them what they think about mods for your truck. I'm sure they know what you should and shouldn't do to your truck. They are the guys that test and engineer tunes for the truck. You don't want to do the wrong thing to your 6.0. Do yourself a favor and do some reading on Studs, gaskets, EGT's and the EGR on a 6.0.

G
#21 ·
WOW, You have some learning to do. The EGT's are exhaust gas tempatures. This is something that should be monitored by a gauge in the cab. Heat destroys diesel engines. It's that simple. First thing that you need to do is to install some gauges in your truck. VERY IMPORTANT. If your EGT's temps get to high you can pull over and let the truck cool down. Go to powerstrokehelp.com and watch the video's. Some guys here don't like Bill but he has helped me out in the past and I think you would get a good idea of what the powerstroke is all about..

#22 ·
get rid of that EGR cooler abrannan19 sales a good delete kit maybe he can hook you up with some kind of package deal. head studs are a good idea too but are expensive too have installed the whole cab has to come off the frame. personally after looking at how that egr cooler works i beleive that it is the reason for most head gasket failures. The egr cooler is a pipe that comes off your exhaust and routes it back into your intake manifold. that pipe is surrounded by a thin layer of engine coolant, exhaust gas temps. get up to over 1400*. so these hot exhaust gasses boil the evaporate the coolant and the steam pressure created lifts the heads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.