Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

changeing hiem joints on rize 8in lift.

732 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  brmpipes 
#1 ·
i was about to change the hiem joints on my rize 8in lift.i started to remove the bolts from the rear traction bars,that is where i stoped lol.The bolts felt like they had a pretty fair load on them.I removed the nut and i could turn the bolt with a socket but took alot of force.Question is,should i lift the frame of the truck some?Would this take the strain off the bolts?Or am i a ***** and should just tap the bolt out with a hammer lightly?im not mechanicaly inclined,but feel i can handle this if i have a little info.I would get a wheel alinement after also. :doh:

#4 ·
thanks for the replys.i had tryed the ones by the axals on the traction bars,i should of probley pulled the big one off the top of the traction bar first.The bolts felt like their was alot of force on them.Thats when i got scared lol.Just laying on the ground with limited resources can by very intimidateing .I didnt try the ones on the 4 link up front yet,maybe tommorro.I will atemp the back ones again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.