Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

tru trac

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  tbolt 
#1 ·
I just read an article in off road adventure magazine about the tru trac

in the article it states that you must tap the brake pedal in order to get the most traction with th tru trac

I thought the tru trac was completly automatic, not needing any input from the driver,

which is correct?

thanks

#2 ·
I think that may be in extreme cases. Mine just works the way is should, I haven't had to tap the brake yet. So far so it works completely automatic and has beautiful on road manners.

#3 ·
That's B S every one I have had worked flawlessly. Tapping the brake is bs. The trutrak will lock much faster than you can tap the brake. Pure nonsense:doh:The writers probably never drove one. I have dragraced with them and they WORK without and brake tapping bs

#4 ·
What they are talking @ is when 1 tire is in the air. I have one in the front of
my bronco. When a front tire is completly in the air, lightly riding the brakes sends the torque to the tire on the ground. Most street driven vehicles will never have to do this . The rear of the bronc has a detroit locker. That one will lock up with a tire completly off the ground on its own.

#5 ·
I know that. the trutrack will do the same thing. Tapping the brake is for an open diff to transfer the torque NOT a trutrak The trutrak locks when 1 starts to spin just not as hard as a locker. Tapping the brake is pure fantacy for this diff. I have had a lot of them and like I said it locks quick.

#6 ·
I probably got hasty with my last reply. I was thinking, with big tires in a rock crawling situation it could be possible. I hope I didn't sound like a smarta$$ If I did I apologize.

#7 ·
thanks all, it was a little confusing to me as well.

see, I need it because I live on a fairly steep hill, no choice but to go up. now given this truck has zero traction in the snow, I'm talkin 1", and I'll just spin my tire, I'm sure that the L.S. isn't working. (I also had 300 lbs. of sand in the bed over the wheels) I needed to know that the tru-trac will get me up that hill even in 8" of snow..
last winter we had gotten at least 15" of snow before the damned plow came by

thanks agai all

#8 ·
can't say it will go in that much snow but it will be better than what you have

#9 ·
Yep, can't say it will go up, but it will spin both tires. Traction will be the issue. I doubt you will be able to go up hill in 2wd with 8 inches of snow. You will be spinning and sliding sideways, I would think.

#12 ·
If your stock LS is toast I would put the trutrak in anyway. A 4X4 beater would be my choice. That dually looks really nice and I would want to keep it out of the salt and sludge in the winter if possible. Just my $.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.