Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Overboost Annihilator

5K views 27 replies 10 participants last post by  THEDIESELMAN 
#1 ·
So I just got my overboost Annihilator from ITP and was just wondering how come I cannot hit the boost I once could? My boost sensor is tapped into the intake spider. And when I get around 23 psi I can hear a high pitch air bleed off (I am assuming its from the overboost Annihilator). Is this normal? I had DI's set up before and never heard it run and never lost any boost. What gives? I could easily hit 30 psi before now max I can get is 25. :(

#3 ·
how come the lack of boost after I installed it? I thought it does not vent to atmosphere.

#5 ·
I know that is why I got this one. Now does anyone know WHY I lost 5 psi boost just installing it? And why can I hear it Whistle after 23 psi?

#6 ·
You have an air leak around the unit?

You created an air leak somewhere when doing the install?

Just a couple of ideas.

#10 ·
its venting to atmosphere cause its defueling? That does not make sence. And there has been no SES light.

#12 ·
I found the MAP sensor and the nipple in the spider it was connected to. Disconnected it and plumbed it to the Overboost Annihilator. The other end of the OBA was hooked into the nipple. That way the MAP sensor only senses the boost the OBA allows it to see.

#14 ·
it cost me over $100 as it is now i have to send it back? Then it can be another $50. Guess I should have just gone with the BRV.

#17 ·
I would double check things before you do it...won't make you very happy if you send it to me and I put it on my test bench and it works perfectly and doesn't make any strange noises...

Anything is possible...it was assembled and adjusted by a human, packaged by a human, hauled by UPS and installed by a human...lots of places for something to get messed up. I don't like customers getting product that doesn't work perfectly right out of the box, but I understand that it happens and I'd rather make it right for you than leave you frustated.

Also, did anyone on your end handle it before you installed it? You have NO IDEA HOW MANY times I hear "my buddy took it out of the box and played with the knob", or "my kid played with it". That's why there is such a big warning on the front of the instructions about the fact that it's pre-set, and why I try to put the instructions on top of the product, hoping that people see the warning before they fool with the knob.

BTW, if you have access to a compressed air source and a decent gauge, I can tell you how to check it yourself before paying to ship it to me.

#18 ·
Awesome customer service as always, Dennis.

Stewart

#20 ·
Question, where is your boost gauge hooked up to? Mine is hooked to the spider at the AIH location. I have a sneaky suspicion that your boost gauge is hooked in AFTER the OBA in the air track.

#26 ·
Remove it and see if you get 5 psi more.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.