Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Video of Twins Loading

5K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  Nally7.3Powerstroke 
#1 ·
Ok guys...we just had to do it...

With all the turbo talk lately on a bunch of these forums about what a guy should do...bigger single charger or do compounds??? And how some say compounds suck and so forth without actually seeing first hand the drivability they can give you and just how reliable they can actually be...

And also I am making this thread because there are way too many guys out there that think bigger is better with injectors for the 6.0L and I will tell you first hand that you DO NOT need huge injectors with these motors. FICM tuning and just tuning in general have come so far in the last couple years that some tuners can now get more fuel out of a 215cc injector that some other guys can get out of a 315cc injector due to a bunch of factors I'm not getting into because I don't understand them all myslef... I just tell Eric from Innovative Diesel what I need and he does it. Yes I know everybody has there preferences with tuners and that is fine but I really don't want this thread to turn into a pissing match like way too many threads on here lately...

Ok now the first vid is a guage shot of Shawn's truck we took tonight. As you will see the torque stalls at 1600 (right where it should) and as he builds boost and flashes the torque the boost raises as does the rpm to whatever rpm he wants. That's a 100psi boost guage in top left so he launches this one at around 20psi.

And the second vid is of his loading and launching from outside the truck. Sorry for the sideways vid...I'm not sure how to rotate them...

Now his current setup is as follows: 62/70 high pressure turbo, S480 low pressure turbo, and 215cc injectors. Now this also is a ****** race file and as you can see it doesn't smoke too much at all while he is loading it...he actually took it easy loading for the vid because it will load in half the time just way more smoke.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah i would say that truck has a lil power lol

#12 ·
Awesome videos- it's amazing what can be done with these diesel trucks :evil

#17 ·
Damn... The first video doesnt look like much because I couldn't see!!!!
That's my fault....:doh: My camera is ancient and it takes crappy vids. You get the idea though that you can have a stupidly fast truck and also a wicked daily driver. You can have your cake and eat it too!!!

#19 ·
LOL Yah that kinda caught me off guard...one second I'm looking over the drivers seat and the next im sitting in the back seat...lol

#20 ·
Hey guys, I was directed here to speak with the experts on building my own set of twins. Being in college and young my budget is less than most, but right now I am looking for any and all advice you could throw my way about good setups for me. I tow alot and have 185cc injectors so I dont want too big of turbos. I also already have an aurora 3000 thats non waste gated. I was hoping to utilize that turbo as my little one since its really an s300 with a different housing. Can I get a different housing for it? Thanks for your help!

#23 ·
FYI, you may want to start your own thread on the subject. It will get more attention.

#21 ·
All I have to say is freakn bad a$$. I only wish I could do twins on my truck but i live in Ca and that will fail me on the visual.

#25 ·
I meant start a new thread in this section. ;)

#27 ·
O i see... I didnt understand what you meant. Anyway I have an 04 6.0 with 185cc sticks and a few other things, and I really want to get a set of my own twins put together. I am trying to learn everything I can about twins to make the best decision I can. Right now, I have an aurora 3000, which is an S300 with a different housing thats non waste gated. I am planning on using that turbo for my high pressure. Does anyone have any suggestions for a low pressure? I want to be able to use my stock downpipe too. I was looking at the S400 but im not sure that turbo would spool well because I tow alot. Any and all info would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.