Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

New Texas Law For All Trailers

6K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  gracing 
#1 ·
Today this guy I do alot of work for got pulled over by DPS.He was pulling a 20' lowboy. The trooper said a new law required any trailer that can haul
4500lbs or more has to have an inspection sticker.WTF! Well he got ticketed for no inspection sticker. No warning,just a ticket and explanation why he was ticketed.Has anyone else heard of this new law? 4500lbs is like the majority of everything out there unless you have a single axle 3500lb 8-10' trailer.

#4 ·
ya its been in affect for a couple weeks now, i just got my new book for my cdl chit. Has every states laws in there. Colorado aint got one yet! Its probably a good thing that they do that though, other than a PITA to get inspected i have seen a lot of trailers with huge problems like frame cracks and fish plates missing. Keeps you and your load safe!

#7 ·
doesnt suprize me there are lots of trailer laws they arnt enforcing damn guess i need 3 inspections now....

was it commercial hauling? i know all commercial over a certain wieght have to have sticker

#10 ·
Thank god we run a bunch of cows and all of our trailers have farm trailer licence plates.

#11 ·
Doesnt matter you arent exempt from inspection from what I was told

#16 ·
Yea, exempt from what I read.

We had a cop pull us over @ 5 am one morning, and he wanted to do a "routine traffic inspection" on our Dual Tandem and PSD Dually. Once he saw that both had registered farm tags, he gave us back our paperwork and said, "never mind, have a good day". Easy enough.

#15 ·
What a joke. Anyone know if Michigan has this yet?
Some people up here need one.

I already shell out $100 a year for a truck inspection.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.