Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Installed new R-IPR, ran, died, no start

10K views 33 replies 11 participants last post by  Big Bore 
#1 ·
Had it running for over 1/2 hour including 5 min at 2K rpm and 10 min at 1200 rpm and a few good revs. Turned it off, did a couple restarts, no prob. Came in for lunch, went out, fired right up. Put it in gear, gave it throttle went 3 feet and died. Now it cranks, no smoke, got tach, got fuel press, got LOP.

I'm going to put a 12ga slug through it in a minute.:mad:

NOTE: BB turbo at 2K rpm with no intake on is fairly intimidating at close range.

#3 ·
I just installed a new IPR.

#8 ·
I had a brand new o.e. ford ipr take a dump on me after i did a pump install. Some times you get bad ones. I put the old one in the r-ipr and the truck fired right up.

#13 ·
a pdf on ipr cleaning is already in the 94-97 tech section of the library.

#16 ·
I forgot I had put that on there sorry.

#17 ·
So would the IPR just quit like that, after running for a half hour, then sitting, firing right back up, idle for 10 min, then put in gear go 3 feet and thats it? I'm going to reinstall the old IPR just to eliminate that as a possible problem, but seems wierd. Thats a Powerstroke, simplicity........NOT!!!!! Should have left it mechanical.

#19 ·
I can run more than one?

#21 ·
Ok, sounded like you were suggesting there was a dual IPR setup. Pulled the old IPR off the old remote block, gonna give it a shot, wont be till monday. todays my bday, and tommorrow is....TRUCK FEST!!!!!!.

Wish I had all the parts to do a bowl delete, damn I hate that thing. Need to relocate the RR also.

#23 ·
Hey I have an IPR sittin here, think it had kenny's name on it. In fact, it had parts of his motor sitting in it :D

#28 ·
Just checked the reservoir, it's full. Tryed starting after charging batts all night, no go. Going to pull the IPR and replace. Hopefully that is ther prob. Blowby said the pump gear might have come loose, but vant check that without some grey IH sealer to put the cover back on. Have some but it's at the other house. I jus luv me sum good ol reliebul Powastrokes.

#29 ·
It lives.

#30 ·
So what was it?

#32 ·
I'm assuming it was the IPR since that is what I replaced. However it could just as easily been a loose wire or one of those phantom things, I believe CSIPSD just went through that.

#34 ·
I actually considered that. I'm going to carry a box with me in the glove box right next to the CPS.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.