Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Straight piped side exit...

3K views 18 replies 14 participants last post by  Xcursion73 
#1 ·
hey guys

i finally put the pieces i have been collecting together, and built my side exit exhaust. 3.5" 45< to a 4" adapter, to 4" chrome piping coming out a foot or 2 ahead of the tire. looks good!

BUT that gets wicked loud and waist gates like a...:pullover:

anyways, up here in NH... anyone know the upto date laws on exhaust... i know i have read that vehicles need muffling devices... my argument.. one of the functions of the turbocharger is to muffle exhaust noises... side affect amazing turbo whine!

thanks!
-Rob

#4 ·
I bet that gets the whole side of the truck filthy...

#6 ·
I built a custom 5' exhaust with dual 4" side exits for my Xcursion. I ran it with a 5" down turn under the truck while fabing the Y adapter and dual pipe assembly. Man it was loud and aggressive. Turbo whine was unreal. After installing the Y to 4" duals, it was waaay better. I added tips with a glass packed tubing walls and it sounds AWESOME.

Mine exit 4" in front of my tires with tips even with the tire edge...my rims stay pretty clean.

bd in tn
---------------

#7 ·
i did a side exit literally 2 inches infront of rear tire, 4inch with a 6inch tip...side of truck doesnt get dirty at all butttttttttt my rear wheel can be nice and shiny and polished but after driving for 45 minutes that wheel is a dark gray if not black hahahaha

#12 ·
i cant do sound clip... and the only pictures i have are from my crappy phone..

just made the acct, trying to figure it out.

#16 ·
FYI... the guys are giving you sht becuase you will never hear a wastegate on a 7.3... Shift stall and surge yes, but not the wastegate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.