Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Anyone else not excited about the 6.7?

4K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  HARLEY6LF250SDU 
#1 ·
Am I the only one not looking forward to the 6.7? With the excepton to most of the 6.0's i've seen I've had no problems with the IH motors. my 444 hasn't been without flaw, I've had some injector issues. That said I've locked it up 4 times now and it still runs knock on wood.

The 6'4's only problem seems to be fuel mileage related to emissions crap, we're going to get that with the 6.7 too. Modified they seem to be a force to be reconed with.

Ford has zero history making their own diesels for the light truck market, and next to none for any market. I havn't been impressed with any ford built motor since the 460, even those have some stupid issues that were never dealt with. Changing spark plugs comes to mind.

I honestly think ford is shooting them selves in the foot changing motors every 3 years, I know international and emissions standards played a role with this in the past, but changing again I don't think shows stability. To me it looks like they don't know what to do and are throwing chit at the wall to see what sticks. If I had the funds to get a 6.4 right now I would.

Who knows it may work out im just concerned since I will NEED as in MUST HAVE a new truck about the time these are comming out and I foresee myself getting stuck with somthing like the first run 6.0's

See less See more
#2 ·
How can you not be excited? Ford will be the only one out of the big three with there own diesel! Ford has experience building diesels in cars and trucks. They build them in Europe and currently have them in the Ranger over there. They have been working on this motor for awhile now. I know the emissons suck but custom tuning will take care of that. So give it chance you might just be surprised. :evil :ford:

#4 ·
I should be ordering mine in Oct/Nov when orders can be sent in, what i have heard and some of the pic i have seen from are Ford Service Engineers these are going to be a good enigne. Has good spec's and make's more since.

How good? i can't tell you!!! But cant be any worst then whats out there!

The pics looked like cab on repairs can be done, more like the 6.0 so i ask them and they told me that almost every repair is to be done with the CAB ON!!!

They also elimated alot of B.S. that the 6.0 and 6.4 have.

But yes i am going to be one of the test dummys right off the bat, so we will see.

#20 ·
Drop me an email, or give me a quick call. I can build you a 2011 SD with the 6.7L & 6-spd Auto tranny Now. We can go over all the options you want, and get your order in the Ford Order Bank. (just No pricing yet)
thanks randy

#6 ·
Yeah he wouldn't give me copies, didnt think he would but worth asking. When i seen the pic's it was like being under top secret watch and only looked at them for a minute.

#10 ·
do they go along with the pictures that were shown in spy shots? is there a reconfigured cab? i'm sure you can say much, possibly, but a taste...? haha

#8 ·
I think Ford will have a good motor when things get rolling. They have a lot of time and money in this project. With all thats been going on they can,t aford to screw up, the big truck market needs more than two in this country to suvive no mater where there motors come from.

Dan

#11 ·
Am I the only one not looking forward to the 6.7? With the excepton to most of the 6.0's i've seen I've had no problems with the IH motors. my 444 hasn't been without flaw, I've had some injector issues. That said I've locked it up 4 times now and it still runs knock on wood.

The 6'4's only problem seems to be fuel mileage related to emissions crap, we're going to get that with the 6.7 too. Modified they seem to be a force to be reconed with.

Ford has zero history making their own diesels for the light truck market, and next to none for any market. I havn't been impressed with any ford built motor since the 460, even those have some stupid issues that were never dealt with. Changing spark plugs comes to mind.

I honestly think ford is shooting them selves in the foot changing motors every 3 years, I know international and emissions standards played a role with this in the past, but changing again I don't think shows stability. To me it looks like they don't know what to do and are throwing chit at the wall to see what sticks. If I had the funds to get a 6.4 right now I would.

Who knows it may work out im just concerned since I will NEED as in MUST HAVE a new truck about the time these are comming out and I foresee myself getting stuck with somthing like the first run 6.0's
The in bold part is not exactly correct. They have made diesel engines of their own, and are right now, the smaller ones have not been brought here, and the larger ones were in things like the F700's.

I am excited about these new motors, it'll make a 6.4 easier to afford, and I like that. :evil

Dave

#12 ·
Maybe I should've qualified that a bit and said Modern diesel, or a little more emphasis on Light Duty Truck market.

We've got a couple cars in europe and a couple old busted f-700's neither of which can you sell in the US today.

I do like the idea of cheap 6.4's tho :)

#14 ·
The only thing I don't like, is that they seem to start in the wrong end of "conquering" the emissions standard. But nvm.

I think Ford can pull this off, especially if they pull on some of the experience of the Euro-ford engineers, the Ford diesel they make is actually one of the best small diesels I know about. They might be small L4's, but engines aren't all that different when it comes to making them.

#15 ·
Hmmm...a guy I know who has an F550 flatbed tow truck claims they put a 6.7 in his truck as he has had so many issues with his 6.4. So much so that the warranty work so far on the 6.4 is over $80k. He claims he is a test subject as he really pushes the truck to it's max.

Problem is I can't recognize a 6.4 from a hole in the ground (I'm a 7.3 kinda guy).

It may be worth a look to see if he is blowing smoke up you know where.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.