Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

How much block filler

3K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  secondarychaos 
#1 ·
How much does it take to fill one of these blocks and where can you get it from? Jegs is the only place Ive seen it and has Hard Blok in 12lbs or 28lbs. They also have a Moroso version of bock filler so which is better?

Thanks

#2 ·
If it helps any I got a 50lb sack of quikcrete (just add water) in the trailer I can have my old man drop it off on his way to work He's working down your way for the next couple months.

Just kiddin on the quikcrete' interested in the answers to this one wanted to tag it.

#10 ·
yes. you need to open up for the water pump and the block heater/oil cooler return. as far as daily driving goes, i'll have to let you know on this one. Swamps says it will be fine though. the truck should be running thursday night.

#14 ·
"how do they fill and keep the passages open?" Masonary bits.

I do plan on towing on occasion. Nothing seriously heavy for very far though. It's just a small open trailer with my car, jeep or snowmobiles. My main concern is getting this thing going in the winter. It gets pretty f*uckin cold here in chicago.

#15 ·
Yup. put in some time with a drill.
I believe some guys also put a water soluble solid in the bottom of the water jackets that is later washed out so you don't have to drill through the bottom section as well. You might even have to do that. IDK, i've never filled a block.

#16 ·
Never heard about a water dissolving solid? I would think that the solid would get dissolved when the concrete is poured in and mix with it........The drill works though.

#18 ·
the honda guys put a salt in the bottom. sounds like we have enough room to just drill the bottom too, so disregard what I said earlier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.