Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

GNATS!!!

3K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  SINNER 
#1 ·
Anybody know a good way to get rid of the little ####ers? They have decided to invade our office and apartment. I have no idea where they're coming from.

#2 ·
Raid works good

#3 ·
I've been spraying the crap out of 'em but more come back. I'm looking for more of a repellent.

#5 ·
Absorbine Jr ( the stinking green liquid that they put on sore muscles years ago) works pretty good to keep them away from people. Vanilla also works sometimes. We have those little bastards up here for about two months every spring.Good Luck!

#7 ·
Those things love garbage or anything that smells like it. Keep the area around the office as clean as possible. Another option we used to do is cut up a watermelon and put it on the far corner of the property away from everyone. Go out and spray that area daily. That will get rid of them.

Also if you have anything that has standing water in it dump it. Or make it flow some how

#9 ·
I know that Jeret:poke: I meant in garbage cans and other places it doesnt belong:D

#10 ·
You can make traps and kill them, but I doubt you have the time for that.

I left some banana's behind a cracker box on the shelf and forgot about them. about a week later I noticed one and started looking. Found the banana's and threw them out. Then had like 100 of them ####ers. Made a few traps and after a few days, I didn't notice them anymore. In fact, I might catch one or two now a week later in the trap.

#11 ·
What kind of trap?

#15 ·
Set some fly traps or glue rat traps. I spray the yard 2 time a year with a spray from Lowe's and it keeps the Gnats and Mesquitoes away the whole time.

#21 ·
Take a bottle, cut the top off, flip it upside down, put a peice of plastic where the cap was and secure with a rubber band. Put debris inside, push cut off down into bottle, let sit for 1 day, throw away. Will definitely catch 50+... they can find their way in, can't find their way out.

#25 ·
Just give up. Move out and give the place to them. It is your only hope. Oh and set a bug bomb to go off one hour afer you leave. With a few lit candles close by.

#30 ·

This is much larger than actual size. They do not come in single or doubles. If you have one, you have a couple million.

#31 ·
This is much larger than actual size. They do not come in single or doubles. If you have one, you have a couple million.

I wouldn't say MUCH larger, at least not for down here. LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.