Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

2010 Diesel Power Challenge?

7K views 67 replies 27 participants last post by  Ten_Bucks 
#1 ·
Was looking in the latest Diesel Power and saw the entry form. Just wondering who all's thinking about signing up for it? Brian (Powersmoker), Scotty (STROKIN N STYLE), Jason (Thuggy)? :poke:

#2 ·
Elmo? :poke:

#3 ·
I don't know that I can do it again since I was in it in '07, although it was a different truck. I'll probably send the form in though once the truck is lined out just to see.

#5 ·
Better get some different tires for the sled pull. I dont think the Proxes will cut it

#4 ·
Speaking of I still need to order my DPC DVD. So who is going to give it a run?

#9 ·
The only thing that sucks about the fords is in the fuel mileage test. Rarely any of em get over 16-17, while the D-maxes and Dodges are getting 21+.

House, What kind of mileage does your truck get with those 355's? Or is it strictly a puller now?

#14 ·
20+ mpg here. :D

#11 ·
In 08 a Dmax used CNG injection. DP only measures the amount of DIESEL burned. So it ended up with like 35mpg...

#16 ·
Thats awesome mileage for both of yall. *sigh* I wish I could get that.

#18 ·
Sweet. Wanna borrow my bottles? :D

Guess you'll have your built motor together by then?

#19 ·
lol. Well, i actually bought Thuggys old ts 2 stage nitrous kit..............and if that isnt enough nitrous i have a third stage to throw on it. :D

As far as bottles, i have (1) 15 lb bottle and (3) 10 lbs bottles so hopefully that will be enough. lol

Engine is built and should be inside the truck within the next couple of weeks. :ford:

#22 ·
not to sure about that danny.... i've taken the hitch out of mine, guess i could throw it back in and hang a weight rack on the front, not sure if the m and h's would work so well though.. lol.. but the new motor is getting alot closer to going in the truck... hopefully be throwing some big numbers out here soon

#24 ·
what bout you Marty? If you could make your truck bulletproof, it would be a consistant competitor. I'm betting you would do better than Scuffy and the rest of the Fords from this years competition. Still like bringing a knife to a gun fight against all of those quad digit cummins and hot duramaxes. But if you could place solid enough in the drag race, sled pull, and trailer pull, its possible to place near the top if you can at least compete in the other events (no DNF's).

I don't understand why they always pick the heaviest and most severly handicapped Ford trucks to compete. How many manual transmission Fords were there, 2? 3? They were all crew cab longbeds, or lifted, weighing well above 8000lbs (there was a duramax that weighed 6,600lbs). That '08 weighed over 10,000lbs, and he forgot to put his truck in four wheel drive for the one event he could have placed high in, the trailer tow. Fords will never win the fuel economy test without cheating. Same with the dyno cause they rate it off of torque. If we made the same amount of torque as the winner this year (1480), we would probably do it only once and be out for the rest of the competition.

I'm ready to see a Ford place higher than the end of the pack. Even the destroked trucks seem to have a hard time.

#25 ·
Yup, the 7th place truck out of 14 was a d-max that only ran 12.8's.

#27 ·
It's about $$ and scotts truck didn't place as well as it should have because of his oil issues. Same with the two elite trucks... they should have been MUCH stronger then they showed and they just didn't get it done for us ford guys. In addition the F450 made the mistake of going off in 2wd.

A 600-700 hp truck could very easily win that event. The higher HP guys have trouble too. Jess Spruill did burnouts on the economy test, spun all 4 tires for 3 gears in the trailer tow and could not hook to save his life on the drag strip. Additionally... three trucks broke... all making north of 700 hp... the competition isn't about who makes the most power.

My truck wouldn't do too terribly bad I don't think. I certainly have PLENTY of experience at the track, and truck pulling... plus I've attended one challenge. Brians truck would do well too. Especially when he can spray the built engine.

Having a dedicated rig for pulling or racing isn't going win the competition... it'll only pressure you to do really well in what your truck was set up for and probably force a mistake.

#31 ·
I agree with everything you said. A strong and dependable 600-700 horsepower truck with an experienced operator could easily win that event. Thats how Michael Tomac won it twice. Brains over brawn. It helps to have $$ but a truck set up like yours could compete against the real big money trucks. Not saying you don't have some cash invested in your rig, but its pocketchange compared to some of the rigs in that competition.

I know the Fords this year had a lot of potential. But they do year after year, and always fall short.

#28 ·
Plus a lot of those guys, the Fords in particular from what I understand, didn't get their trucks together 'til late in the game. If you go in with something you've been running for a while, you should do pretty well.

#38 ·
Lol. Actually, somebody said they asked Mike Hallas to bring a Dodge to the last one but he declined, so I guess you can enter again with a different truck.

#44 ·
Well I go back to what I said originally: Scotty, Brian :poke: :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.