Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

lift kits

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  dennisr_f350 
#1 ·
hey ive tried a few different style lifts kits but none seem to work looking for ideas i got an 06 f350 and i got a fisher plow. every lift ive put in it seems to fail after plowing.:ford:

#3 ·
will definitely get more views in the appropriate section

I would recommend sending a PM to Dan (DCspecial) He is one of the resident suspension experts and a rep for Truck Toyz Performance. I don't know all the details but I think he might run a leveling kit in his plow truck, I know he mentions it has something like 7000lb coils or something a little heavier.

I would think for plowing something along the lines of a spacer style leveling kit would be best and stick with the heaviest factory coils you can get. Unless maybe its other components that are failing.

As Buff mentioned Firestone does make airbags for the front that you could possible add to take much of the weight off the coils themselves.

#4 ·
ive always put bigger as in taller springs in the truck and they always sink back down

#6 ·
It has more to do with the weight rating than the hight. A good idea if you are just trying to level the truck would be stock coils from a plow prep truck with steel spacers and a set of air bags just incase you need a little extra. Im shure DC will see this at some time and he has a nice setup on his truck.

#5 ·
and im still trying to get use to using this website so i dont really know where to post stuff yet

#8 ·
have you checked out bds yet? I know they will replace any broken or worn out/sagging parts free of charge. May be worth a try or can do the above to prevent any sagging from happening.

#9 ·
i wanted to run 32 inch tires on the truck and i was considering like upgrading to 550 springs see if that would work but ill look into what you all have offered as well

#11 ·
I am pretty sure that the factory 18" continentals are 32" high and the factory 20" tires are 34" inches high, so you should have no problem running those tires without a lift at all.

#12 ·
my bad i meant 35's but ya idk will see what happens

#13 ·
How big of a plow are we talking?

What I would do:
Ford 7000lb coil springs (F-450/550 springs)
BDS 2" spacer setup
Icon adjustable trac bar.

http://www.trucktoyzstore.com/realm/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=1245&idcategory=111

You can add the Icon bar by clicking on the Customize button.

The 7000lb coils handle my 9'2" Boss Power-V XT pretty well.

If you need more, load assist air bags inside the coil springs would be the way to go.

I'm going to add the load assist bags to my truck as I'm cramming 35s under it right now :D

#14 ·
i got an 8 foot fisher bout 2k pounds the whole setup

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.