Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

wondering frontend

758 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Lmgrcivic 
#1 ·
I have a 03 2wd I have replaced the wheel bearings, tierods, and shocks for the truck. the truck still seems to just go off to the side and not just one direction like it has a bad alignment or something. Any one know what else I should be looking at thanks and this is not the truck in my sig

#2 ·
Check toe end, sounds like it is toed out. Or the caster is out. Also,
check the ball joints. Good luck.

#3 ·
aight thanks, and I forgot it has new balljoints also

#4 ·
I've got an 02 4wd that does the same thing. I haven't got to check it out but it was recommended to check the pitman arm. Mine got more noticeable after I replaced the tires, but I'm running lower air pressure (40-45psi) in the rear to make the tread run flat with the road. You might check your air pressure. I also had another truck (half ton) that did something similar after a bump (bump steer), I had countless alignments and replace the front shocks and and ball joints. Nothing helped till I replaced the rear shocks. I had a rear shock that wasn't doing what it was supposed to and it allowed the rear corner of the truck to compress and pull the front end around.

#5 ·
I will have to check out the pitman arm also. It has new shocks the whole way around and the tire pressure is good and thanks for the help

#6 ·
Is it wondering or wandering?

#7 ·
no clue never good at english class

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.