Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Those with TN BB Upgrade

792 views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  NWSUPRD 
#1 ·
When I sent my turbo in it had an aftermarket actuator, larger than the one the TN came with. My upgrade is shipping today and TN could not answer, or has not figured it out yet as to whether I am going to get my actuator back. It sounds like I will just get a turbo. Since I paid additional money to have a big actuator in the past I am wondering...
What did your TN BB upgrade come with and is it the small stock one? I had trouble getting the old small one to hold boost. After I purchased the larger actuator I was able to get much better performance and hold higher boost levels.

Should I be concerned or does the upgraded turbo come with an actuator that can hold say 40 lbs. I can push 35 now on the Garrett I have on my truck today.

Thanks.
Mike

#4 ·
Ed at TN called me back within 5 minutes and told me they had taken off my actuator and it was sent to me along with the upgraded turbo today. It took a little longer than it was supposed to. Other than that I am happy.

I will say Ed is very cool and went at it to figure out what the deal was with my actuator. Now I can put it on the new turbo and crank er down.

I am going to dyno my truck in Santee when I get the TN BB on so will know what this set up does. Just could affore $130 X2 right now to do it with the Garrett.

THANKS ED.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.