Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Having a bad weekend

778 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  smokinford07 
#1 ·
Ok, yesterday I was about to leave to go to my grandpa's birthday party, I noticed that the tread had separated from my tire and a huge chunk was missing, so I show up late. The truck pull at the fair was canceled. Someone broke into my truck last night and stole my radio in my own back yard.:mad: The door locks on my truck were broke so I got a new set from autozone. I got home and one was broken, I broke the plastic door handle, went and got new locks and another handle. And now I can't get the dang things in right. Can anyone please help me out on what I need to do? Oh and to top it all off, my brother in law broke my new door handle as soon as I got it put on! :mad: Sorry it's so long winded, I would just really appreciate some help on the locks, they are manual locks by the way

#3 ·
or 10:D

#4 ·
:whs: and forget about it for today. The way your luck seems to be going you need to start on it fresh tomorrow.

#5 ·
Since your BIL broke the handle, I think he owes you at least a case! And it better be COLD!!

#6 ·
well things got worse, neither of the trucks doors would open. Then my father in law got to tinkering with it, got it opened and now I have one door and lock that'll work

#7 ·
Rotate the vertical rod away from you. It should be very difficult to get the lock assembly and clip on the rod. I fought this for hours. If you rotate the rod so that the lock clips onto the rod easily, it will never fit in the door. The vert rod will be backward. Are you close to North Central WV? I got good at this.

Edit: If you pull the inside door handle cable out and insert a spacer behind the cable head, you might save the next door handle. Mine was running out of travel before the door would open so every time you opened the door the handle would flex against the stop. The spacer fixed this. I think it has to do with cable stretch.

Aaron

#8 ·
had that same problem with my 96' F150 just kept breaking those damn plastic door handles I got a chrome medal door handle off an 84' and my door opened up perfect :eek: so i got another one from napa to match and they opened with ease and it looked better then the black plastic too :ford:

#9 ·
Went right past your place on the Hot Rod Power Tour. I was the guy driving the Powerstroke with the flatbed trailer going down the road with 2000+ hot rods. Stuck out like a sore thumb...

Aaron

#10 ·
I would have love to have seen that, but dang this has been a heck of a weekend. Like I said he got the driver's side lock working, the passenger door still won't open, but at least who ever came in the back yard won't be able to get in the truck now. But here is the baffling part, they only stole the face plate to the radio and didn't take a thing out of any of the other vehicles.

And thank you aaron

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.