Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Where and What is your Favorite place to Eat??

2K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  01platinum 
#1 ·
I was just curious what you all like to eat the most when you go out??

Anyone that knows me can tell you I am a Steak and Tator man for sure.

While I was in Texas last year I was introduced to Texas Roadhouse and I LOVED it. We drove an hour once a week to go eat there.

Now that I am back home in Missouri we have one in Springfield about 40 minutes from my house and 25 minutes from my shop and it is every bit as good or better then the one in Texas. I eat there 2-3 times a week and some weeks I eat there more than that if I am taking customers out. I eat there so much that most of them know me by name and I always get seated almost instantly even when there is a huge wait. The managers have even started giving me shirts and hats when I go in. I will have to say Texas Roadhouse is the best place around to eat and the service and atmosphere is awesome.

We do have a little place in Lebanon that has some really good steaks also. It is down town and is called Madison Street Grill. I always get their Ribeye which is a 24oz bone-in that is aged 25+ days. It is not cheap but it is top quality with excellent flavor and they have excellent service also.

My sister has started seeing one of my best friends and we all went out the other nite and sis wanted Red Lobster. Well I had always heard how good lobster was but I have never tried it before. So I went ahead and tried it the other night and I figured out real quick that I have no plains of eating it again unless it is free. It was chewy and had no flavor to me and I really do not see what all the fuss is about.

When I am not out eating I like to grill at home alot. I go to the local grocery store and have the butcher cut me Ribeye that is over a inch thick. I rub it with Garlic olive oil and sprinkle Kosher salt on it and let it set for a couple hours before I cook it on the grill over a mixture of charcoal and wood chips I come up with. Everyone that eats my steaks go nuts over them.

I always cook and order my steaks done to Mediun Rare. And of course there is nothing better than a huge loaded baked potatoe to go with a good steak.;)

Well after all of that I am hungry now and I am headed for the Roadhouse.

Lets here what you guys like to eat??

See less See more
#2 ·
Every time we go to Disney World or Universal , we always make a trip to Charlies Steakhouse. Some of the best steaks I've ever had. Plus they also have a extensive wine list if you're into wine.

#3 ·
Outback Steak House and the Outback Special. The problem is the closest one to me is over 200 miles.

#2 has to be Famous Daves BBQ. The Feast for 2 will bust the belts of three grown guys. Again the closest one is over 200 miles.

I used to travel all over for work, but got out of that line of work. I stay close to home now.

#5 ·
Just a little local bar and grill has decent ribeyes. And I like mine rare, if it's warm its over cooked.
Logans roadhouse in california
Rodeo steakhouse in oregon
Thats about as fancy a place I like to go to. I went to an uppity place in Vegas and I felt really uncomfortable, people always coming to your table and small portions, the kicker it didn't even taste all that good either.

#7 ·
I can't find a steakhouse that can make a better steak than me can at home. We will butcher our own cows. Steakhouses usually give a chew toy.

#9 ·
:whs: we too butcher our own beef so going to a steakhouse isnt too exciting for me either but i have found that LONGHORN STEAKHOUSE has really good steaks and the rest of their menu is good as well(appetizers, salads, ect.) I'd have to say their my top steakhouse picK!

#8 ·
While I was in Texas last year I was introduced to Texas Roadhouse and I LOVED it
If you think thats good, you should try a real steak house. Texas Roadhouse should be called Texas Roadkill when compared to Perrys in Houston.

My favorite thing to eat is Pizza at a local pizza joint. The guy is from New York where he made pizza for 20 years or so and then moved here. He cooks it in some stone oven or whatever the hell it is. All I know is it is unreal.

#12 ·
I will be in Houston for a week on business in October and I will have to remember to visit Perrys when I am down there.;)

The best pizza I have ever ate was in a little hole in the wall pizza parlor in a small town in Massachusetts called Mikes Pizza Parlor. It was just big enuff for 2 small tables with 4 chairs, a soda machine, counter and the small kitchen. Mike was a little Italian guy that did not speak the clearest english and he was the only one that was ever there and all of his toppings were fresh and hand cut. He also cooked his pizzas in a stone deck oven and the crust was perfect every time. When I ordered a supreme it was almost 3 inches thick and the flavor was out of this world.:bowfast:

I have ate alot of pizza all of the country but his was the best and I hope some day I can get back up there and hopefully he will still be open.

#11 ·
I cook at fire station for 8 guys, i like to get 2lb ribeyes and using homemade marinade for 24-48 hours, cook for 4-5 min on each side to sear over high heat, the off heat till they like it the way they want, i like mine dead!!LOL
but seriously , you cant beat homemade over restaruant

ps if you want marinade recipe pm me very easy.

#14 ·
For steak Ruth's Chris has always been excellent. They got a nice one right on the river in Providence. I try to get over to Chicken Bone in Framingham at east once a month. Everything on their menu is awesome plus it's only place nearby where I can get gravy with my fries. Mike's Pizza Parlor is probably the best pizza you will ever get although Casserta's down in Providence is very good too. In the little town of DuBois PA there is a fabulous Italian place Luigi's Ristorante. And whenever I'm in Vegas I stop to eat at Battista's Hole In The Wall. Don't really eat out much locally, I eat better when I'm on the road than at home.

#24 ·
Usually just Taco Bell for me :D

I have been eating at Qdoba a lot lately though.

I am gonna have to try that Ruth's Chris sometime.

Any time you go to Chicken Bone give me a call or something, I work literally 5 minutes from there. If I had a good throwing arm it might even be a stones throw LOL

For the best Hot wings though, nothing beats Wendell's Pub right in my home town of Norton, MA I am sure there are others but it is literally one of THE best wings places I would say east of the Mississippi, even look it up on google. Small hole in the wall joint and many times gotta wait 30 minutes for the wings but worth it when they come.

#25 ·
The Alamo steak house in Gatlinburg, TN for a good steak. Bill's BBQ in Nashport, OH for the best bbq around.

#26 ·
Ponder Steak House in Ponder Texas. Little hole in the wall, awesome steaks. They serve no adult beverages, but you can bring in anything you want. I have seen people in there with icechests. Always a few stray dogs hanging around out front. Fattest, friendliest strays you have ever seen. Everybody walks out with a bone for the dogs.

#30 ·
Los Pericos in Willis they put everclear in their Margarita's. Pizza Shack has awesome pizzas. They have been on the food network and travel channel. The burger place in Willis also rated one of the best burger places in Texas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.