Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

FASS failed?

850 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  04 stroker 
#1 ·
Well I hopped in the truck today rolled the key forward and thought something sounded kind of quiet. I then realized I had 0 fuel pressure, so I get out and saw I had a blown fuse on the FASS. So I replaced the fuse knowing something probably wasnt right. The pump ran fine for a minute then sounded like it bogged down and fuel pressure was only at about 50 psi (normally 56 psi) then it popped another fuse. Its only about 4 months old but it always had made a funny PING sound when it was running. Im assuming thats not normal? I cant see anything wrong with the wiring. Any help or advice? Im going back out to play with it. Thanks.

#5 ·
welcome to the club lol. sometimes they suck up the check ball inside. if you take off the side plug you can stick your finger up in there and see if its plugged. its a big allen head plug. sounds like your gonna have to send your motor into fass. they are really good about customer service.

#6 ·
Thanks for all of the input guys. Adam you were absolutely right. I loosened those 4 bolts and let a little fuel run out, put it back together, and all seems good now. Now it doesn't make that funny PINGING noise that it has always done. I kinda feel bad for the unit for running it that long with shavings in it. Dont count me in that club yet.... lol Hope this helps somebody in the future.
Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.