Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Banks issues

793 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  southsoldier98 
#1 ·
I was reading a thread in the "new to the nation" forum where a member was asking about an issue he was experiancing with an 06 350 with banks big hoss bundle. Every reply seemed to bash him for having a banks and stated he should go with a SCT tuner instead.

I have had a banks six gun with speed loader in my 03 6.0 since it had 3000 miles on it and I have had no issues with it. After my second deployment to Iraq my programmer stopped working all together and I sent it back to Banks for a full replacement at no expense. The service that I have received from the Banks company has been excellent. My truck now has 77K on it and still runs great. Granted I only get about 17mpg on the highway, but the programmer provides no issues.

What is wrong with a Banks programmer and why does everyone reccomend a SCT?

#3 ·
I'm thinking people have a problem with the way Banks markets their stuff. The stuff they sell doesn't perform as well as something more custom like a SCT with someone tunes on it. But they market it as the best stuff out there.

#6 ·
I looked at SCT tuners on their website yesterday but couldn't make sense of their lingo. What are most of you running on your rigs and what kind of MPGs are you getting from this type of tune?

I use my rig for mostly a daily driver, but use it for what a pickup was made to do and that is haul things. I own an 18ft. covered race car trailer that I use to move my household items when the Army says it's time to move, and an 18ft Bayliner. And I occassionally take it in the moutains to go camping. So which ever tune will do the best for this use is what I'm looking for.

Any help would be appreciated

thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.